Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Horns for 1960 36-ft Chris Craft Constellation

Bronze, stainless, chrome or steel. If you need information about the non-wood items on your Chris-Craft, pose your questions here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

chrisfpdx

Horns for 1960 36-ft Chris Craft Constellation

Post by chrisfpdx » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:26 pm

Hello!

I am looking for either exact replacements or a resource to rebuilt the twin horns for my 1960 Constellation. We tested switches, electrical and both units are getting power, but not working. These horns are integrated mounts on both wides of the lower portion of the mast so replacing with another type is not an option and I do wish to stay original as they are beautiful. Any resources as to parts and rebuilding expertise would be appreciated.

Many thanks!
Chris Finks
ACBS-Pacific NW Chapter
Portland Yacht Club
Maritime Heritage Coalition
1960 Chris Craft Constellation 36

drginseng

Re: Horns for 1960 36-ft Chris Craft Constellation

Post by drginseng » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:36 am

chrisfpdx wrote:Hello!

I am looking for either exact replacements or a resource to rebuilt the twin horns for my 1960 Constellation. We tested switches, electrical and both units are getting power, but not working. These horns are integrated mounts on both wides of the lower portion of the mast so replacing with another type is not an option and I do wish to stay original as they are beautiful. Any resources as to parts and rebuilding expertise would be appreciated.

Many thanks!
can you add a picture.

Peter M Jardine

Re: Horns for 1960 36-ft Chris Craft Constellation

Post by Peter M Jardine » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:49 pm

There are two places that are fairly well known in the vintage car business..... The Horn Works, I think they're in Wisconsin, and Advanced Electrical Rebuilders in Michigan.