Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

1969 CC Ski Boat, eBay listing.

If it doesn't pertain to metal, fiberglass, wire or fabric—but it is about classic fiberglass Chris-Crafts, ask your question or give your advice here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

10blade

1969 CC Ski Boat, eBay listing.

Post by 10blade » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:32 pm

My little ski boat is up for auction. I've greatly, greatly appreciated the sage advice from contributers at this outstanding resource for Chris-Craft. Ya'll helped me through an issue with my shaft log (no snickering, please, this is a serious post...) and with the Ivalite and the rudder. You've talked me through issues with the tachometer cable, and the persistent leakiness of 40 year-old boats...I still love telling people that I need to re-pack my stuffing box...And all the advice given was done in a supportive, almost nurturing, manner (even the idiotic questions.) You're a great group of guys and gals.

If any of you are interested or know someone who is interested in a nicely restored early glass CC, shoot me an email at [email protected]. Here's the eBay link,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 558wt_1167

Thanks again. I really mean that.

10blade.
1969 17' Ski Boat

Don Ayers
Club Executive Team

Post by Don Ayers » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:28 pm

Did you put your boat on Trading Dock as that is free?
Don Ayers
1959 Riva Ariston
www.RivaForum.org
www.barrelback.com

drrot

Post by drrot » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:07 am

Don,
Did the fees for Trading Dock get dropped? Last time I listed something it was $10
Jim Staib
www.finewoodboats.com

1947 Penn Yan 12' Cartopper WXH474611
1950 Chris-Craft 22' Sportsman U-22-1532
1957 Chris-Craft 26' Sea Skiff SK-26-515
1968 Century 17' Resorter FG-68-174

Don Ayers
Club Executive Team

Post by Don Ayers » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:34 am

Please let me correct myself.

The Trading Dock fees are:

$10.00 for online. An additional $10.00 for Featured, and an additional $10.00 for the Bell.

Sorry for the error.

That is very reasonable and might as well be considered free for what E-Bay charges these days.
Don Ayers
1959 Riva Ariston
www.RivaForum.org
www.barrelback.com

10blade

Post by 10blade » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:09 am

Well I thought about it. And I looked at the boats posted and how frequently (or infrequently) they are posted...and went with eBay. The actual posting charge was only just over $12. BUT, if it sells, I pay $125. I'm guessing it'll sell, there's already been a bid.

The choice of where to post it wasn't meant as an affront to the Trading Dock, in fact, if I was willing to sit on it for months I would have placed it there. Who knows? Maybe it'll stall on eBay below my reserve and I'll have the boat over the winter. The Trading Dock may get my $30 yet.
1969 17' Ski Boat

Wilson Wright

1969 Chris Craft Ski boat

Post by Wilson Wright » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:52 am

Looks just like my 1970 model which is listed on the trading post except mine has a white king stripe and and a different dash arrangement. As shiny as the pictures make your finish appear, I wonder if it was repainted or reglassed?

There was one from California on eBay recently...Wonder if it sold ?
Wilson Wright
Executive Director Emeritus
Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club

Don Ayers
Club Executive Team

Post by Don Ayers » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:59 am

I used to really enjoy E-bay but over the last few years I've grown to dislike them.

I hate the new fee structure with all of its trap doors. It use to be very simple.

http://pages.ebay.com/ebaymotors/help/sell/fees.html

It used to be fun to know who was bidding and who won stuff. All the fraud made them change that.

Anyway, best of luck
Don Ayers
1959 Riva Ariston
www.RivaForum.org
www.barrelback.com

Bill Basler

Post by Bill Basler » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:36 am

I don't have a huge issue with eBay. I know I have found some items there...no question about it.

I do think our tradingdock visitors are a bit more knowledgable about what they have to sell, or what they want to buy.

There are a number of ads that have been on tradingdock.org for awhile. Current state of the market? Perhaps. I think this may parallel how many boats come onto eBay, don't meet their reserve and then are pulled down.

Since we allow a 90 day ad for $10.00 with no commission on the sale of any kind, it becomes an easy place for people to maintain some sort of visibility.

I agree, I liked eBay better when I could see the other bidders, ie: Don Ayers "ccbarrelback" Jim Staib "finewoodboats" and me, "bbasler"

When someone was bidding on something, you could at least see if friends/other members were bidding...so that you could avoid bidding up against each other.

Now, I can't even remember who I am....w***k or something like that.
Bill Basler