Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

looking for a trailer

Winterizing? Summerizing? Covering? Trailering? If it is about a boat out of water put it here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

mlforrester

looking for a trailer

Post by mlforrester » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:18 pm

Since most of the stock boat trailers available today are designed for fiberglass hulled I/O's or outboards I'd like some advice on finding a manufacturer who builds trailers for inboards like my 1959 22 ft. Sea Skiff Ranger. Boat's on the hard now until restoration is complete, so this isn't a "hurry up" kind of item. Thank you.

LarryS

Loadmaster??

Post by LarryS » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:47 am

I'll add to this. I was just getting ready to pull the trigger on a trailer order. Is anybody familiar with Loadmaster? I've seen them at shows but everybody has a different perception of "custom" trailer. Interestingly, they had just done a 23' 1951 Holiday last year. I may ask them if I can contact the buyer, or better yet: Are you out there reading this forum? In any case the address is www.loadmastertrailerco.com
Larry Soellner
'52 23' CC Holiday
'59 17' CC Ski Boat

Alan B

Custom trailer - Detroit area

Post by Alan B » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:18 pm

In the Detroit area one of the best sources for a custom trailer would be Liberty Trailer, 313-923-6773 and talk to Dave. They produce a trailer that completely supports the boat and rides great. However be advised the one shortfall is their paint job. They paint in the same shop as they build. I have seen some of their paint jobs that weren't as sharp as some of the big factories. They will do any custom work you want - removable tongue, side guards, transom guards, ect.

drrot

Post by drrot » Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:04 am

I had Loadmaster build a trailer for a Rive Aquarama i had to transport. They built it from the boat blueprint. I picked up the trailer in OH and went to Alexandira Bay, NY to get the boat. The trailer fit like a glove but they failed to notice how narrow the boat got at the stern. The bunks went outside of the chine. I stopped back at the factory and they fixed it while i waited. Boat trailers great, sits low, and looks right on the trailer. Have moved it a couple times and would recommend Loadmaster. They ain't cheap but you get what you pay for.

Wood Commander

Post by Wood Commander » Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:10 pm

I used to boat in the area of Port Clinton, Ohio where Load Master is located and they do have nice trailers. Close by is also Sure- Dan trailers and they too have nice trailers at a good price.
Bret

1953 35' Commander "Adonis III"

1970 23' lancer project