Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

The Brass Bell is looking for a few, good writers

Every so often the executives of The Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club will pose a question asking for your thoughts. Or maybe you have something that you would like to share with us. Step up on the soap box here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton

BillBaldwin

The Brass Bell is looking for a few, good writers

Post by BillBaldwin » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:58 pm

Hey, all you writers out there in Chris-Craft Land:

The Brass Bell is looking for writers. As we continue morphing the magazine to a new, more-complete personality, we're going to need additional feature articles--the kind you've seen written by Senior Feature Writer Seb Borrello. Articles like his take research, time, and a love of both boating and writing. The only pay is a big ego boost when you see your words in print--under your byline. That won't put bread on your table or a roof over your head, but it is nice when people walk up to you and say, "Hey, are you George Jones who wrote that nifty article in the Brass Bell?" And, of course, there's always the inner satisfaction of learning all about something you didn't previously understand as well as the good feeling you get when you've done a good job.

Send us a note if this sounds like something you'd like to tackle. We'd love to correspond with you!
Bill Baldwin
Merlin: 1951 Chris-Craft 18-ft. Riviera
Goldie, 1964 Chris-Craft Cavalier 19-ft, Golden Arrow
www.billbaldwin.us

Don Danenberg

Writing 'opinionated opinions', for fun

Post by Don Danenberg » Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:35 pm

Your UBB is phpBB?

If it could become easier to use, I could become opionated.

BillBaldwin

Huh?

Post by BillBaldwin » Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:38 pm

Don:

I'm honored to hear from such a boating celibrity as you. Unfortunately, the message, "Your UBB is phpBB? If it could become easier to use, I could become opionated." has gone 'way over my head. How about translating?

Meanwhile, Here's hoping you and yours enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving. I look forward to hearing from you again.

--Bill Baldwin

You can also reach me at "[email protected]" or phone (919) 449-0135. I'll be home from Leftmost New York State laye Monday..