Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

URGENT! Lands End Photo Shoot

Every so often the executives of The Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club will pose a question asking for your thoughts. Or maybe you have something that you would like to share with us. Step up on the soap box here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton

Bill Basler

URGENT! Lands End Photo Shoot

Post by Bill Basler » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:15 am

We have received a request for a restored wooden runabout for a Lands End Fall Outerwear catalog photo shoot. The shoot will take place in salt water in Long Island Sound, June 15 and June 18. . The boat will need to be available for 2 days. Obviously this is coming right up.

Specifics on the exact style of boat were not provided, but the following details were provided:

Shoot info is as follows:
  • 15 and 18 June
    Sheffield Island Light House, Norwalk, CT
    Hours 8:30-5:30, approximately
    Boat will not be used in every shot, but most of them. 10-12 shots per day.
    # of people on boat: captain, photographer, 1 model, possibly 2, 1 photo assistant
    Rate is $1,200.00 per day
Lands End will carry full insurance. Signature of a standard photography release is requested.

Given the number of persons on board (4 to 5) this will need to be a good size runabout, utility or cruiser.

Please contact me via PM on Boat Buzz, or via email. I will coordinate from there.
Bill Basler

Bill Basler

Post by Bill Basler » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:30 am

I just spoke with the prop stylist. A new clarification. The boat will be prominently featured in the shots, but the boat will NOT be running. It will be docked at the Sheffield Island Lighthouse dock. Models will be on board, socializing, etc.

Boat would need to get to and from dock under own power.
Bill Basler

Bill Basler

Post by Bill Basler » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:31 pm

Looks like John Kadimik is going to take charge of this. Thanks John. Hopefully you can make some gas money.
Bill Basler