Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Hull Registry Now Online!

Every so often the executives of The Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club will pose a question asking for your thoughts. Or maybe you have something that you would like to share with us. Step up on the soap box here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton

Bill Basler

Hull Registry Now Online!

Post by Bill Basler » Tue May 13, 2008 9:59 am

In a recent email to most of you, I announced that our Hull Registry is now online and is quickly taking shape as many of you are adding your boat information to it. Please check out the Registry at http://www.chris-craft.org/registry
Last edited by Bill Basler on Tue May 13, 2008 8:50 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Bill Basler

Bill Basler

Post by Bill Basler » Tue May 13, 2008 10:02 am

I should also mention that the Hull Records can only be partially viewed by the public. You personal information, ie: city, state, zip, phone number and email address is not revealed outside of a Club login.

The public view of the Registry will be limited to seeing the boat information only. The boats location and ownership will stay between Club members.
Bill Basler

kcupido

Post by kcupido » Tue May 13, 2008 10:22 am

Bill...
Just finished my Hull Registry and have been browsing the ones that have already been posted.
Great idea, and great job from you and all the staff!

Mark Christensen

Post by Mark Christensen » Wed May 14, 2008 2:55 pm

How do you edit registries brought over from barrelback.com? I want to add it to "my boats."

Mark

Don Vogt
Club Executive Team

hull registry

Post by Don Vogt » Wed May 14, 2008 3:29 pm

great job. sure would be helpful, however, if we could search by year, too.

Bill Basler

Post by Bill Basler » Wed May 14, 2008 3:43 pm

Don, you can. Please go back and reread the email that I sent out. You can click on any combination of the tabbed "filter" options. For example, clicking on Chris-Craft filters the list to just Chris-Crafts. Clicking the length in addition will limit the list to Chris-Crafts of a specific size. Then finally, if you want to add "Year" click on that tab, then choose the year desired.

You will note that everyone of these options stacks on top of each other below the tabs. You'll see a little red X adjacent to each. You can dismiss these filters by clicking on each red X. See the last image above.

Then...finally...a true "Search" works only within the selections that you have made.
Bill Basler

Pete DeVito

Post by Pete DeVito » Wed May 14, 2008 8:18 pm

Bill
I think it would be nice if everyone could scan their hull card in also if they have it. This may serve as goof info in the future.
Great job!!!!

tuobanur

If You Have

Post by tuobanur » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:11 am

a question concerning something you see on the Hull Regestry [if you know something about the boat, etc.] where would you post it, here?

tuobanur

Post by tuobanur » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:20 am

knotty48 wrote:Bill
I think it would be nice if everyone could scan their hull card in also if they have it. This may serve as goof info in the future.
Great job!!!!
Have another question, when I received my info package from the mariners museum it had two hull cards for my boat one dated 6/6/41 and the other 6/18/41 why do you think that is?

drrot

Post by drrot » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:57 pm

Were they both from the same factory? My 25SP was built at one factory then finished at Algonac. It has 2 cards.

tuobanur

Post by tuobanur » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:38 am

I don't have them in front of me now but I think you are correct, I do remember seeing two different names in the bottom right thanks for the insight.