Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Looking for authentic canvas

Leather, Tolex or Russaloid. Linoleum or black rubber matting. If it's in the cockpit or in the cabin, post your questions and answers here.

Moderators: Al Benton, Don Ayers, Don Vogt

BDelph

Looking for authentic canvas

Post by BDelph » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:14 am

I have a '54 Sea Skiff with no top. I'd like to have a top made that would match the original. I've talked to some local boat top people and they didn't want to do it.

Are there people who specialize in authentic convertible tops for old boats? I'm in New England.

Thanks.

Alan B

Custom sewing

Post by Alan B » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:08 am

Scott at J&M Canvas made a beautiful top for our 1929 Chris 24' (as well as our 1930 Buick Roadster). I would have to say like most artists his promise dates are rarely met, but the price is fair and the end product was worth the wait. The large part of the finished look is the proper installation which would be the problem, he is north of Detroit, MI @ 248-852-0384.

Al Benton
Club Executive Team

Post by Al Benton » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:07 pm

I purchased some canvas/duck form American Home & Habitat www.ahh.biz to use on my cabin roof project. They offer untreated, dyed and several other varieties of canvas material if you can find someone to fabricate the top.

Al

boatmanscm

Post by boatmanscm » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:20 am

you can go online and @ astrup.com look at thrie marine selection. if you find what you want some upholster could purchase it for you as they are wholesale only.
Stanley Marshall CUSTOM UPHOLSTER ,
Over 100 boats , @[email protected]