Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

My bimini has a visor and I want to make it work.

Bronze, stainless, chrome or steel. If you need information about the non-wood items on your Chris-Craft, pose your questions here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

endless summer

My bimini has a visor and I want to make it work.

Post by endless summer » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:29 pm

I have a 1955 30' Capitan and it came with a canvas package that hasn't been installed since the boat was restored years ago. All of the hardware looks original, but the material needs to be replaced. I am trying to evaluate whether to use the old frame for the front or just replace everything. When I place the frame on the boat, it appears to have a visor built onto it that extends out beyond the windshield about 6". The fabric wraps around that front visor and attaches back onto the top of the windshield with snaps. The very front frame bow has two 6" pegs that come backward at a 90 degree angle to go into brackets that are on the front of the windshield. I can see where the brackets used to mount to the windshield, but I am missing the 2 brackets that accept those pins. Has anyone ever seen a bimini top with a visor before? Do you know where I might find this missing hardware?