Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Your Use of Boat Buzz

Every so often the executives of The Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club will pose a question asking for your thoughts. Or maybe you have something that you would like to share with us. Step up on the soap box here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton

Don Ayers
Club Executive Team

Your Use of Boat Buzz

Post by Don Ayers » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:06 pm

A Reminder:
Boat Buzz is the online discussion forum for members of the Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club. Topics can be browsed by the public, but you must be a member of the Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club to take part in discussion. While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to Boat Buzz forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people), or the Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club and its executive team, and hence will not be held liable. You also agree that the purpose of Boat Buzz is to exchange technical discussion relative to classic and antique boats, specifically Chris-Crafts. In keeping with that purpose, sales transactions or discussion relative to the selling of merchandise is not allowed. The Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club offers other excellent avenues for sales transactions, specifically the Trading Dock at www.tradingdock.org.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent the webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.

This forum system uses cookies to store information on your local computer. These cookies do not contain any of the information you have entered above; they serve only to improve your viewing pleasure. The e-mail address is used only for confirming your registration details and password (and for sending new passwords should you forget your current one).

By registering on Boat Buzz you agree to be bound by these conditions.
Don Ayers
1959 Riva Ariston
www.RivaForum.org
www.barrelback.com

Jim Bell

Re: Your Use of Boat Buzz

Post by Jim Bell » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:52 am

Hey Don, Just wondering why when I am logged in and go to wiki it asks me to log in and does not accept my login to work?

Thanks, Jim.

charlesquimby

Post by charlesquimby » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:47 am

Does the "no for sale" rule apply to references to a for sale site such as E-Bay? CQ

Jim Bell

Post by Jim Bell » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:39 pm

[quote="Jim Bell"]Hey Don, Just wondering why when I am logged in and go to wiki it asks me to log in and does not accept my login to work?

Thanks, Jim.[/quote]

Hello, anybody there?

mattbyrne

Post by mattbyrne » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:52 am

The Wiki is a separate stand alone site so it has a separate login. Originally it was open to the public but it was getting spammed on a regular basis so we had to enable some security. You should be able to view the wiki without logging in, and if you would like to contribute additional information let us know and we can create a login for you.

Jim Bell

Post by Jim Bell » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:12 am

Thanks for your reply Matt. When I try to go on wiki, while logged in, it goes to log in with my name visable in the username box. Above that is another box saying error. Can't go beyond that. Jim.

mattbyrne

Post by mattbyrne » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:38 am

Jim,

How are you getting to the Wiki site? are you clicking a link on the CC site or do you have a browser shortcut you are using? I cannot reproduce what you are seeing. Try using the following link:

http://chris-craft.org/wiki/index.php

Jim Bell

Post by Jim Bell » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:50 am

I am clicking on "resources" than "classic Boat wiki" your above link does work for me.
Thanks, Jim.

whamm511

Post by whamm511 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:03 pm

I'm having the same problem with Wiki. Using same method of access. Will try your link.