Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

From Archive: Fuel Tank 1964 Supersport by Calldamayoz

Bronze, stainless, chrome or steel. If you need information about the non-wood items on your Chris-Craft, pose your questions here.

Moderators: Al Benton, Don Ayers, Don Vogt

Club Archivist
Site Admin

From Archive: Fuel Tank 1964 Supersport by Calldamayoz

Post by Club Archivist » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:46 am

I am presently restoring a 21' 1964 CC Super Sport and have two areas I need help and/or guidance in: ?1. My galvanized steel gas tank is out of the boatwith sender and filler neck removed. Feeling inside I detect a white powder  coating on the higher sections and what I assume is patches of varnish in the lower portions. Removing the gas feeder line has not yet been attempted.  ?a. What should I use to clean up the inside of the tank??b. Full strength?, Time in tank?, Flush after? ?c. Should internal portion of fuel line be replaced? ??2. My method of IDing the wiring harness did not turn out to be permanent  and now being out of the boat I am at a loss as to what goes where. Can someone give me a lead on where i might find the proper wiring diagram? I would assume that all 12 VDC  CC runabouts and utolities and sea skiffs all have the same basic arrangement. Of particulal interest is the correct routing  through  horn delays,  fuse panels, terminal blocks for such devices as ignition switches, horns, navigation lights  instrument  lights, bilge blowers and bilge pumps??May I please thankyou in advance for the guidance I will recieve, as I know the info is out there and this is the group that knows everthing there needs to be known to do a good old woodie properly 
Posted by Club Archivist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This topic was reposted from Memberclicks archive

Club Archivist
Site Admin

From Archive: Fuel Tank 1964 Supersport by Don Ayers

Post by Club Archivist » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:47 am

First, congrats on restoring a really cool boat.  I have a soft spot for the 60’s boats.  What engine is in yours?  I have had good success with the POR-15 product for cleaning, etching, and sealing older galvanized tanks.  Check the website out and read about it.  Wiring articles are out there and Wilson might be able to help you out.  I checked and I don’t have anything newer than 1945.  Post a pic sometime.

Good luck

Don Ayers

http://www.por15.com/product.asp?productid=163
Posted by Club Archivist
This topic was reposted from Memberclicks archive