Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

chris craft tool kit

Bronze, stainless, chrome or steel. If you need information about the non-wood items on your Chris-Craft, pose your questions here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Don Vogt, Al Benton

cuckter

chris craft tool kit

Post by cuckter » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:55 pm

Hi, Does anyone have information on what tools and brand name of tools were provided with a 1954 Sportsman. I read the post on tools in 2008 that did a good job of providing pictures for a tool kit pre-war. However, I been unable to find any other information and description for the tool kit in the 1950s. The Mariners' Museum was all so without any information. The 1952 Equipment Catalog shows a picture and description of "Palm-Grip Ratchet Screwdriver" but does not mention if this was included in the tool kit. I am working on a restoration of my C.C. Sportsman and I would like to include a tool kit that resembles the original. Thank you in advance for any help. I am a new member of the club.

cuckter

Re: chris craft tool kit

Post by cuckter » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:46 pm

Hello All.
I been doing research on trying to find what tools were included in a 1950s tool kit. The results show the following:
1. 1 Ball peen hammer, approx. 14" long
2. 1 Monkey wrench
3. 2 wood handle screwdrivers
4. 1 pliers
5. 5 forged wrenches
7. 1 plug extractor with metal handle
8. 1 motor crank
9. 1 oil can
These were wrapped in a canvas tool bag approx. 15" long

It would be of great help if anyone could confirm this list or produce a picture. Thank you for your help.

cuckter

Re: chris craft tool kit

Post by cuckter » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:13 pm

See post on Research to see pictures of tool kits.