Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Chrome plating in Florida

Bronze, stainless, chrome or steel. If you need information about the non-wood items on your Chris-Craft, pose your questions here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

Hans

Chrome plating in Florida

Post by Hans » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:04 pm

Hi.

I´m from Norway.

I plan to travel to the Sunnyland Boat Show and maybe bring with me all the hardware from my 46 CC DeLuxe to have it chrome plated.
Do any of you have some companys in the Miami-Orlando area to recommend?

Pete DeVito

Post by Pete DeVito » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:19 pm

Hans,

There is a company in Melbourne, Florida not far from Orlando called Spacecoast Plating that is highly recommended by restorers that I know and work with. I have not personally used them but I am getting ready to send them all the hardware off my latest project.

Their information is:
www.spacecoast.plating.com
321-254-2880

Hope to see you at our show and safe travels!
Pete
Past Project 1948 17' Deluxe
Past Project 1957 19' Capri
Future Project 1955 17' Special Sportsman

Al Benton
Club Executive Team

Post by Al Benton » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:41 pm

Hans,

We look forward to meeting you at the Sunnyland Boat Show this year. Be sure to visit the Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club Tent and introduce yourself.

Graves Plating will be present at the show with a display of their work. They are long-time supporters of CCABC and come highly recommended. Their business is in Florence, Alabama.

Spacecoast Plating is located near Orlando, Florida. They support the Sunnyland Chapter, ACBS and have an ad in their quarterly magazine, "The Sheerline".
Al
Member - Executive Team

djeller

Chrome plating

Post by djeller » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:25 pm

Wade Plating and Technologies was at the Sunnyland show in Tavares 2 years ago. They had their trailers and tents set up with a lot of hardware for sale at good prices. They also were getting items to carrry back to Philadelphia. Don't know if they will be in attendance this year or not. A highly recommended company by many restorers.