Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Riviera Engine Temperature Sensor Excess Length

Keeping your powerboat under power is a lot easier with good advice. Post your power systems questions here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

Riviera Wish

Riviera Engine Temperature Sensor Excess Length

Post by Riviera Wish » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:03 pm

In attempting to reinstall what I assume is an original temperature sensor tube in an 18' Riviera there appears to be several feet of excess length in the tube. If the excess length of tube is strung out under the foredeck in a gentle curve the tube almost reaches the bow. My question is; "where is the excess length of sensor tube coiled or 'stored''? Also, can someone describe how the sensor tube is installed in the engine compartment (insulated staples?), along the inboard side of the starboard stringer (bundled with tach cable and oil pressure sensor tube?), and under the forward deck?
I received the aforementioned equipment in a box along with the boat so any assistance in reinstallation will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Steve

dreed

Re: Riviera Engine Temperature Sensor Excess Length

Post by dreed » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:55 pm

The excess length is stored in the bow of the boat. Mine is one big loop. I haven't even had time to get the boat out to send you pics from the last question I promised to answer....sorry. Real busy at work, and it's half way through summer.
1953 CC Riviera 18-R-927

Riviera Wish

Re: Riviera Engine Temperature Sensor Excess Length

Post by Riviera Wish » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:38 pm

Thanks Dreed. Glad to hear you are busy at work, sounds like job security. That why they pay you the big bucks?
Look forward to photos of the engine compartment floor boards.
Steve