Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

327F Engine Storage / Run stand

Keeping your powerboat under power is a lot easier with good advice. Post your power systems questions here.

Moderators: Al Benton, Don Ayers, Don Vogt

Tom Gruenauer

327F Engine Storage / Run stand

Post by Tom Gruenauer » Mon May 02, 2016 12:52 pm

I will be constructing a storage / run stand for my 327F. Looking for the height difference between the front motor mount and the rear mount to get the approximate running angle. Can't get to the boat. 1966 Chris Craft 18' Cavalier. Also any ideas on stand design.
Thanks
Tom

jim g

Re: 327F Engine Storage / Run stand

Post by jim g » Mon May 02, 2016 4:41 pm

Most CC motoers ran a 14 to 16 degree angle.

joanroy

Post by joanroy » Mon May 02, 2016 6:14 pm

I use 4 chunks of 6X6 native pine. Two on the bottom front and rear cut to length of engine mount width plus 12 inches. Two longer top sides cut long enough to accommodate length of engine and transmission. Bolted together with carriage bolts at each corner intersection countersunk nuts on bottom so as not to intertfere with dolly wheels. I use Harbor Freight 600 lb. each capacity dolly wheels lagged into bottom of frame.

If you want to see pictures go to Engine and Powertrain - Red and White Model W engine.

Bilge Rat

Post by Bilge Rat » Tue May 03, 2016 9:39 am

Here's what I built for a stand for a Graymarine 327. I tacked thin cardboard to the engine stringer to trace and copy the angle and clearances needed for the exhaust manifolds. Then transferred that shape to the double 2 X 10's for the stand. Cut it on the bandsaw. This worked well for test running and moving on a flat bed trailer from one shop to another. I just lifted it up onto dollies when I wanted to roll it around but you could attach casters if needed. You would have to get to the boat to do the tracings to match the in-boat angle.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1966 Lyman Cruisette 25 foot "Serenity Now!"
1953 Chris Craft Sportsman 22 foot "Summerwind"