Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Chris Craft M Fuel Pump

Keeping your powerboat under power is a lot easier with good advice. Post your power systems questions here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

Lowkey

Chris Craft M Fuel Pump

Post by Lowkey » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:29 pm

I am having problems with the engine losing power at high rpms and eventually stalling out the carb has been cleaned and rebuilt, engine temp, oil pressure good, and there seems to be lots of spark. I am going to put an outboard fuel tank directly on the mechanical fuel pump to determine if there is a problem on the boat side or the engine side. (the boats tank is venting properly) I'm pretty certain it is the fuel pump, but will know for sure shortly.

I would like to stay with a mechanical pump rather than electric, the pump that is on the boat has a clear AC emblem on it but no other markings. Does anyone know of a cross reference mechanical pump that will fit this old girl?

I think it is a 1941 M engine which I am assuming is a Hercules. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

RRGadow

Re: Chris Craft M Fuel Pump

Post by RRGadow » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:47 pm

Call Van Ness Engineering....Dave will have the answer and the part.
www.Gadowguitars.com

Varnish addiction.

drrot

Post by drrot » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:41 am

There currently are no pumps being made for Hercules engines. I have rebuild kits. Need a photo of the pump from the top to get the right kit.
Jim Staib
www.finewoodboats.com

1947 Penn Yan 12' Cartopper WXH474611
1950 Chris-Craft 22' Sportsman U-22-1532
1957 Chris-Craft 26' Sea Skiff SK-26-515
1968 Century 17' Resorter FG-68-174

JimF
Club Executive Team

Post by JimF » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:45 am

We have several advertisers who can help you out. Jim Staib at finewoodboats.com Robert Henkel at chris-craft-parts.com aims machine.com These would all have replacement pumps but you probably just need the kit to rebuild the pump you have. All these pumps are basically the same. Ethanol fuel is rough on the rubber diaphragms of these pumps. I have taken to carrying a replacement pump on board just in case.
1930 Chris-Craft Model 100 20' "MOXIE"
1940 Chris-Craft Red and White 25' "Old Paint"
1946 Chris-Craft Sportsman 25' "CinCity"

Lowkey

Post by Lowkey » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:58 pm

Thanks guys, it turns out there was a restriction in the fuel line at the shut off valve. Cleaned out and working much better.