Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

U-22 Gas Tank Recommendations

Keeping your powerboat under power is a lot easier with good advice. Post your power systems questions here.

Moderators: Al Benton, Don Ayers, Don Vogt

cewplatt

U-22 Gas Tank Recommendations

Post by cewplatt » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:44 pm

New to club searching for advice... I just purchased a U-22 which has been probably sitting for several years based on the stench of the fuel onboard. To make sure the boat will be reliable, I pulled the gas tank. Inside, the zinc plating looked great with no sign of corrosion, but there was a thin black layer of a plastic delaminated sitting in the bottom, about 25% was still formly attached and couldn't bve removed from the inside of the tank.

I'm trying to decide on how to proceed using the following options, not in any order of preference for the time being: 1) Replacement tank, any recommendations for U-22?, 2) Tank overhaul using Tank Renu (~$400 if the coating doesn't interfere), or 3) Remove coating not firmly attached to inside (check again next year) and rely on fuel filter.

mcisaac inc

Post by mcisaac inc » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:50 pm

:D Replacement is a the best fix. call Rayco manufacturing in Florida, they have the specs on a u22 tank................markmcisaacinc.com