Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Starting Hercules K-95

Keeping your powerboat under power is a lot easier with good advice. Post your power systems questions here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

Larry Myer

Starting Hercules K-95

Post by Larry Myer » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:44 pm

I recently purchased a model K engine with great compression, unlike my original. So I have decided to swap out the engines. Before the change out I cleaned the replacement, painted, put on a Jabsco water pump, a rebuilt carb, new coil, new water pump, wires and rebuilt starter. Now that it is back together it won't start for the life of me. The engine is on a stand that came with it and is wired with gauges. It ran like a dream before I started messing with it!! The compression is great and I have spark. I have re-installed the original carb and fuel pump, no progress!! Any suggestions would be appreciated as this ole Arkansas boy is stumped! I guess I should have installed the ugly good running motor. :(

MIKEY

K-95 MOTOR

Post by MIKEY » Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:35 am

WITH ALL MOTORS-- COMPRESSION, SPARK, FUEL, AND THEY WILL RUN. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE FUEL IN THE BOWL, PUMP THE FUEL IN THE CARB. NEXT YOU HAVE TO MAKE SURE THE SPARK IS COMING AT THE RIGHT TIME,(CRITICAL). IF THE SPARK IS NOT ON TIME IT CAN FOOL YOU. ALSO MAKE SURE THE CHOKE PLATE IS CLOSING ALL THE WAY. HOPE THIS HELPS.

MIKE

tommyjackson

Engine Won't start.

Post by tommyjackson » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:18 am

Hey Larry, If you have checked for fuel and spark and it still won't start,like Mikey said,try this;turn the key on and jump the starter with a screw driver. I started a Seatow boat one night like this because when he turned the key on and turn on over to start he lost spark and the engines would not start. Both switches went bad at the same time. He jumped the starters and both engines started up. He told me he wouldn't be pulling me in anytime and I told him if something breaks he would. That why I have Seatow.I've ran across this more than once. Make sure the timing is not 180 degrees off, as Mikey said, because that can throw you off.Good luck.