Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

pre war hull wire schematic color coded- help

Your old Chris-Craft electrical system can be a challenge. If it runs on "juice" pose your questions and offer your advice here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

THE RAZZ

pre war hull wire schematic color coded- help

Post by THE RAZZ » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:10 am

Guys,
Can't find my pre war 17' hull wire color schematic- help.

Not having luck here. Tried to find Don's Dec 2002 Brass Bell article with seach and archive- no luck.
Installed engine and need to confirm circuits- check wiring twice turn key on once concept.
Thank you. Jt
1942 17' barrelback 71923
1987 21' CC Stinger

Al Benton
Club Executive Team

Post by Al Benton » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:50 pm

Jerry, where have you been? This is your first post in over a year. It's great to hear from you.

The article that you're looking for is indeed in the Archive. Go to Archive, then Browse the Entire Archive, then Periodicals, then Brass Bell (at the bottom), then 2002, then 12 (as in December), then 01 (as in page 01), the entire issue downloads. His article starts on page 16.

It's been too long. What have you been up to?

Al

THE RAZZ

color wire schematic index

Post by THE RAZZ » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:01 pm

Al,
Thanks for the help with the archive maze- it worked perfectly. I got to Don's article. Now what I'm trying to find is an index that calls out which wire is yellow/red/green/blk/gray etc.

Whats going here is Razz is wired but for non-show operations I converted to 12V with MSD. With 50K volts gapping sparkplugs @ .050" the KB fires on the first blade and never hesitates. I should have labeled each wire as I unhooked when pulling the engine out- but that would have required forethought which is in short supply occasionally.

I'm hoping to find an index which says red goes to x, green goes to y & blk goes to etc. etc. etc.

Maybe someone will see this an zap the data here.

Personally, here, things are busy, busy, busy. My little recreation is "wyldrydes" where I like aquire junk and turn it into nice junk. Razz was firewood that came back to life. The Stinger was rescued from Virgina. An old Ferrari was rescued from New York. Hope to have it on the road before the end of the summer. Its all good and it does keep me off street corners hocking with a sign "Will Fly foor Food!" or something.

May be our paths will cross sometime and we will carry on then.
Cheers
Jt
1942 17' barrelback 71923
1987 21' CC Stinger