Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

1957 Lake n' Sea #115

This is a focused discussion area for information unique to Chris-Craft's Lake ’n Sea Boats.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

Reginald Down

1957 Lake n' Sea #115

Post by Reginald Down » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:28 pm

It was great to see a new section of the Boat Buzz dedicated to the Chris-Craft Lake n' Sea Division.

Here's a few images of "Casper" my original 1957 Lake n' Sea #155 of 266 built in 1957 at Chris-Craft's Pompano Beach Plant in Florida.

Reg Down

jahearne

Post by jahearne » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:55 pm

I love her lines. Good looking boat!
John & Wendy

Alan

What a beauty!

Post by Alan » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:10 pm

Our son just received a "gift" of an abandoned boat. It turned out to be a Lugar, which (we understand) was modeled after the L&S. Have you heard about those? Any info you could share would be appreciated. The hull is almost identical, different colors. Not as nice of course... LOL. Thanks for posting
Alan & Faye
1957 Sea Skiff
"SmithSkiff"

Reginald Down

Post by Reginald Down » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:46 pm

Hi Alan,

I only have limited knowledge about the Luger line of fiberglass boats.

However, our friend and Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club member Lee Wangstad prepared a great history of the Luger marque. See the link below.

http://www.acbs-bslol.com/Classicglass/ ... stries.htm

Also, you can see a number of Luger brochures on the Fiberglassics web site which is always a great resource for this type of information. Here's a few examples of Luger brochures from 1962 courtesy of the Fibergalssics "Glassic Library".

http://www.fiberglassics.com/library/Luger

Reg Down

Thommyboy

Post by Thommyboy » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:27 am

Lugar Industries made kits boats in Minneapolis. In July 1955 their address was 4452 Nicollet Avenue South, 5 blocks from where I lived for the past twenty years. In Feb. 1958 their address was 3404 Lyndale Ave. South, about a mile from my former home. Both addresses are very small, store-front type shops in primarily residential neighborhoods. The Lyndale site is a record store and laundry today. Later they were in Bloomington, south of Minneapolis.

I only have a 1969 brochure. There may be some earlier literature in the Glassic Library of www.fiberglassics.com

Andreas

Thommyboy

Post by Thommyboy » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:00 am

By the way, there is a website devoted to Lake-N-Sea boats, www.lakensea.com

Andreas