Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Cavalier 26 ? from CZ

This is a focused discussion area for information unique to Chris-Craft's Cavalier Division.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

seyczech1

Cavalier 26 ? from CZ

Post by seyczech1 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:46 pm

My greetings to you, "Cavalier" friends and I frankly hope that the brand name of your boats is closely linked to the character features of their owners in the very meaning of the word.
I address you with my plea for help, I would like if you could share your long-year experience in this issue.
As a newbie I should introduce myself briefly.
My name is Johnny, I come from the Czech Republic, from its capital - "the hundred spire mother" Prague. I have spent the last 20 years on the island in the middle of the Indian Ocean.
Some urgent family matters made me move back to my fatherland. As you - at least some of you - admit, it is not easy to turn an islander into a landlubber, as one could assume at first glance… Therefore I took a job as a captain on a river boat and started seeking a boat for myself to satisfy, to some extent at least, my "water deficit". I'll skip my search and ideas which did not meet the reality at all and will proceed straight to the heart of the matter. By a mere chance, as usual, I came across a boat 10 years stored, thistly in nettles, surrounded by workshops and containers. Upon a closer inspection I found out that most probably it is the Chris Craft 26 Cavalier Futura?
Actually I am not even sure. Due to my very bad English it is very complicated for me to look up details on the Internet. I try but Cris Craft is an utterly unknown firm in Czechia and browsing with the assistance of a translator is sometimes very demanding.
Nevertheless I discovered your forum, where I probably should be able to learn all the information I need. I paid the club fee and here I am!…:-)
I think this could do for an introduction and now to the boat itself.

seyczech1

Re: Cavalier 26 ? from CZ

Post by seyczech1 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:56 pm

that's how I discovered her

seyczech1

Post by seyczech1 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:02 pm

for some reason I can't upload photos?

drrot

Post by drrot » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:38 am

They could be too large. Try resizing them.
Jim Staib
www.finewoodboats.com

1947 Penn Yan 12' Cartopper WXH474611
1950 Chris-Craft 22' Sportsman U-22-1532
1957 Chris-Craft 26' Sea Skiff SK-26-515
1968 Century 17' Resorter FG-68-174