Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

New Skiff in the neighborhood

This is a focused discussion area for information unique to Chris-Craft's Sea Skiff Division.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

truenorth01

New Skiff in the neighborhood

Post by truenorth01 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:46 pm

Hello all. I just wanted introduce myself here in the Skiff forum. I am Mark Saunders from Michigan and the new Caretaker of SK-18-414. I picked her up at the middle of October in St Clair MI. The Skiff is an older restoration and so far checks out to be very structurally solid. I cut my boating teeth on S kiffs when my dad was restoring Chis's in the seventies and early eighties. I have lots of experience on my Tupperware boats with restoration work and am looking forward to coming full circle back to the woody.

I have been searching high and low for the Skiff my Dad restored (on of four). Hull number was SK-398. When he sold it the hull was deep green in color. Transom name was "Pickerel Pal". Yes, i picked out the name when I was like eleven years old. Anyway, I will keep searching for what became of 398 but I think it is pretty cool i found a survivor so close in production number with 414.

I received hull cards for both boats from Patti at the archives this week. What a great resource.

All for now.

Mark

Truenorth01

tkhersom

Re: New Skiff in the neighborhood

Post by tkhersom » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:09 am

Welcome!

Keep searching you will find something eventually. :D

Troy in ANE
Troy in ANE - Former President CCABC

1957 CC 21' Continental "Yorktown" (Mom's boat)
https://www.chris-craft.org/boats/22625/
1985 Formula 242LS "Gottago"
1991 Formula 36PC "Band Aids"

Life Is Too Short To Own An Ugly Boat

evansjw44

Re: New Skiff in the neighborhood

Post by evansjw44 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:21 pm

A new 22 footer showed up in our harbor this year. I don't know much about it but it's name is Chardonnay and think it came from St. Clair, MI
Jim Evans