Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

1961 seaskiff 42foot custom

This is a focused discussion area for information unique to Chris-Craft's Sea Skiff Division.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

61seaskiff42

1961 seaskiff 42foot custom

Post by 61seaskiff42 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:13 pm

Well here we are in the dead of winter in Syracuse NY . I still have not made a choice about engines yet . Locally I came acrosed a set of 390 fords interceptors w/ velvet drives w/ gear reduction , they need a little freshing up . I can get the engines for about $500.00 or so for the pair . You know they may fit in the boat better w/ shallow oil pans and parts are still available. Even the reverse rotation cam shaft . This might be a good option for the boat. They would look a little closer to original power. They are about 275hp stock . What do you guys think?? Note , they are complete w/fresh water cooling, manifolds , carbs altenatores ect. :D :D :D :D

tkhersom

Re: 1961 seaskiff 42foot custom

Post by tkhersom » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:16 pm

I don't know what to say about the engines, but I sure would love to see that boat float one day! :D :D :D :D

PS: Hope I wasn't too hard on you when you were thinking of saving the Connie. I would LOVE to see it saved, but I think you have enough on your plate for now.
Troy in ANE - Former President CCABC

1957 CC 21' Continental "Yorktown" (Mom's boat)
https://www.chris-craft.org/boats/22625/
1985 Formula 242LS "Gottago"
1991 Formula 36PC "Band Aids"

Life Is Too Short To Own An Ugly Boat