Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

cobra boat gathering

Where do you like to visit? Who has the best show venue? How about the best funnel cakes? Ask your questions and get the answers from our worldwide network of experts.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton

doubleboater

cobra boat gathering

Post by doubleboater » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:14 pm

i bought the cobra boat gathering video from dave dean at the boat shop a while ago. i watched it again yesterday. in the video, which is pretty good by the way, they talk about that gathering as being the 40th anniversary of the cobra. the video was filmed in cadillac, mi. the next gathering would be at lake of the ozarks. this year 2010 should be the 55th anniv. does anybody know if when and where. seeing they were made in 55 an the 55 aniver.........

Brian Robinson

Post by Brian Robinson » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:43 pm

As far as I know, there is no 55th Anniversary celebration for the Cobra planned in the US.
The Tahoe Concours www.laketahoeconcours.com is featuring Classic Glass this year (June 18-20)- including transitional 'glass boats like the Cobra. I know of at least four Cobras that will be in the show. One year way back when, there were eleven Cobra's in the Concours.

Terry Fiest is scheduled to do a presentation-lecture on the Cobra at the Tahoe Maritime Museum the Tuesday (June 15th) preceding the Concours.
-Brian
1923 Hackercraft 23' Dolphin #03
1938 Gar Wood 22' Streamliner #6256 Empress
1952 Chris~Craft 19' Racing Runabout #363 Thunderstruck
Robinson Restoration, LLC (760) 468-1009

James

Post by James » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:35 pm

Brian Robinson wrote:.....One year way back when, there were eleven Cobra's in the Tahoe Concours....
....and my wife CASUDI, filmed that show. We sold a few thousand tapes; the proceeds going to Sierra Nevada College in Incline Village, NV. I'll have to see if I can find a tape and clip that shot.....

Tritone
Vision without execution is hallucination.