Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Cutlass Dory

Are you in need of information regarding "the way it was?" Or are you are a walking "who's-who" of Chris-Craft fiberglass boats? Share what you don't know—or do know here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

tunahead

Cutlass Dory

Post by tunahead » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:04 pm

I bought one this spring (cuddy cabin). It's a 1978 with a 305 motor and I love it. Always wanted either the Cutlass Dory or center console, and now I am looking for information on them. I want to restore this one as much as possible, so am looking for pictures, manuals, etc., etc. You get the idea.
If you can point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks and Merry Christmas!
Bill Smith
www.captbillsmith.com

ed laning

Post by ed laning » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:33 am

Welcome to the CCABC! I think you'll find lots of helpful information here. The Mariners Museum has lots of the old information on Chris Crafts. You might try contacting them for the info you seek. Most of the inquiries are regarding the earlier wood boats though. But, it's worth a shot. I have a 1978 FRP 22' Dory. It's the center console outboard version. I plan to refurbish mine as much as possible too. I'm in the middle of disassembling it. Nice looking sportfisherman on your website. Makes me think of sixtys Merrit or something similar. Out of curiosity, what's the particulars on that one? Ed
1978 22' CC Dory outboard

chriscraftdory

refurbishing a chris craft o.b dory 22' 1976

Post by chriscraftdory » Thu May 12, 2011 6:35 pm

Ed,
My name is Chris Scafario Sr.
I am in the process of rebuilding a sister to your hull.I have some questions about your project ?
My # 609 922 2194

Please call.

Thanks

Chris

Bill Basler

Post by Bill Basler » Thu May 12, 2011 11:47 pm

Dory lovers, I just received and email from a non member with a 22-foot Dory. He is interested in donating the boat to anyone interested. If you are interested, please PM here, or email me.
Bill Basler

ed laning

Post by ed laning » Fri May 13, 2011 4:04 am

That's pretty interesting Bill. Thanks for the heads-up. I'd like to get the details.

Thanks,

Ed
1978 22' CC Dory outboard

Captbob626

Re: Cutlass Dory

Post by Captbob626 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:06 am

I just acquired a 22' cc dory. Want to make it original any info on how the center console lifts up? Looks like it is screwed down. Do I need to tak steering, controls off? Also flag / light in front how. I'd they work? It is a 1974 glass
Any info would be helpful. Pictures?
Thank you
Bob