Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

54 Cris Craft Custom Sedan Flooring

Leather, Tolex or Russaloid. Linoleum or black rubber matting. If it's in the cockpit or in the cabin, post your questions and answers here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

Kelvinw

54 Cris Craft Custom Sedan Flooring

Post by Kelvinw » Thu May 08, 2014 8:20 pm

Hi,

I am currently working on the restoration of my 54 CC Custom Sedan. The flooring in it was blue linoleum. The Hull Card says it was originally built with Chinese Red Linoleum. I would like to return the interior to what it was originally. Can anyone out there help me with a sample of Chinese Red or some direction as to where I can find a good facsimile. Any help I can get with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kelvin Williamson
[email protected]
403 512-5781

Doug P

Re: 54 Cris Craft Custom Sedan Flooring

Post by Doug P » Thu May 08, 2014 9:55 pm

Try Marmoleum by Forbo

Brian Robinson

Post by Brian Robinson » Thu May 08, 2014 10:57 pm

This is a hard one... It was a solid, bright fire engine red (I have original samples). Solid red linoleum is virtually nonexistent. You used to see it everywhere in Target stores, but look closely, even that is marbled now.

I helped a friend scour the country for it last year. I now have every linoleum (and similar product) catalog from every manufacturer that distributes in the US. You have two choices: Forbo "4164 Salsa Red" which is actually made for desk tops, or Johnsonite "041 Harmonium XF Cardinal". The Johnsonite color is a tad orangish. The Forbo product is the perfect deep red color but has questionable longevity. Like all linoleum, it's all expensive.

Fell free to research yourself and report back. If anyone else has found something better, I'd love to hear about it.

Again, solid red, no marble.
-Brian
1923 Hackercraft 23' Dolphin #03
1938 Gar Wood 22' Streamliner #6256 Empress
1952 Chris~Craft 19' Racing Runabout #363 Thunderstruck
Robinson Restoration, LLC (760) 468-1009

Don Vogt
Club Executive Team

Post by Don Vogt » Fri May 09, 2014 1:52 pm

It would be great if you posted pictures of your boat. I am a great fan of the custom sedan and I am sure there are lots of people who would enjoy seeing your efforts to date. thanks.
1938 Chris Craft 17' Deluxe Runabout "Jennifer II"