Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

1957 Capri interior question

Leather, Tolex or Russaloid. Linoleum or black rubber matting. If it's in the cockpit or in the cabin, post your questions and answers here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

Pete DeVito

1957 Capri interior question

Post by Pete DeVito » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:29 pm

My Capri looks to be all original with only 325 hours when I purchased. My question is about whether there should have been a plank under the front and rear seat bottoms closing in the space under the seats. The plank I am describing is the one that is attached to the front of each bottom seat support and goes to the the floor board. My boat had no plank across the seat supports and there is no fastner holes in any of the supports to show it was ever there. One additional thing is that my boat had slats that were connected to the floor boards in the middle of each seat supports so it looks like they could stow the cushions under the seat. I have enclosed a photo of the mounts under the aft seat that is mounted in front of the engine.

If I can not get confirmation on the planks I think I will keep this all original and put the slates back in and leave the space under the seats open.

Any further advice

Pete
Attachments
Seat supports showing mounting for slats.jpg
Aft seating with mounting for slats.jpg
Mounts for slats on Capri
Past Project 1948 17' Deluxe
Past Project 1957 19' Capri
Future Project 1955 17' Special Sportsman

Brian Robinson

Re: 1957 Capri interior question

Post by Brian Robinson » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:39 pm

-
Attachments
2.jpg
-Brian
1923 Hackercraft 23' Dolphin #03
1938 Gar Wood 22' Streamliner #6256 Empress
1952 Chris~Craft 19' Racing Runabout #363 Thunderstruck
Robinson Restoration, LLC (760) 468-1009

motoryachtsoco

Re: 1957 Capri interior question

Post by motoryachtsoco » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:02 am

Brian,

Noticed your post from October and thought I'd give you my take. I'm thinking that originally the area was open.

My 1956 Capri has the space enclosed by the wood is not painted. Just plain white oak added to the front of the seat supports both on the forward and aft seats.
Chris McIntire