Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Upholstery Supplies

Leather, Tolex or Russaloid. Linoleum or black rubber matting. If it's in the cockpit or in the cabin, post your questions and answers here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Don Vogt, Al Benton

Pete DeVito

Upholstery Supplies

Post by Pete DeVito » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:08 pm

FYI for DIY

I am in the middle of rebuilding all my seat bottoms and have found a great place to buy everything needed. DIY Upholstery supply www.diyupholsterysupply.com

I am rebuilding all the wood frames and will reuse the ZigZag wire springs after sandblasting and powder coating. All the fastners you can buy from DIY to put it back original.

They also handle all the correct burlap and muslin.

Past Project 1948 17' Deluxe
Past Project 1957 19' Capri
Future Project 1955 17' Special Sportsman

debiby

Post by debiby » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:14 pm

Thanks for the info. :D
Dan Biby
38' Challenger "DreamOn"

boatmanscm

springs

Post by boatmanscm » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:41 pm

the springs in picture ars called no-sag zig zag , it comes in a roll get the heaveyest gauge you can auto or turck . You will need clips to secure to wood frame, nails to secure . Do not use furniture style as too week. then you need the small springs to connect each row horizonaly to keep the spacing when used. 1 and 1/4" edge roll for wrap alomg top edges , burlap cloth to put over no sags and edge roll secure to sides . then a hair pad 1" tick 2 layers, a layer of cotton 50/50 blend to over lay . pull edges away do not cut cotton ,keep above wood fraame so no buncking up at edges. and then the skin.
Stanley Marshall CUSTOM UPHOLSTER ,
Over 100 boats , @[email protected]