Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Decoray Linoleum Redux

Leather, Tolex or Russaloid. Linoleum or black rubber matting. If it's in the cockpit or in the cabin, post your questions and answers here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

mattwells

Decoray Linoleum Redux

Post by mattwells » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:47 pm

I posted a query regarding Decorary Linoleum back in May, which was met with a deafening silence.

I recently found a black and white factory photo in a book of a '57 Capri. It shows what I assume is the Mint Green interior with white piping. But it also shows the floor with a pattern that I don't recognize. I'm wondering if this is Decoray?

Can anyone tell me otherwise what this flooring is called?

Brian Robinson

Post by Brian Robinson » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:25 pm

Matt,

I wish I could help, but I just don't have much on that boat. Have you tried calling the other 27 owners of your model listed in the ACBS directory and asking if anyone has original upholstery and flooring, or at least scraps? There are some well known names on that list - Juul, Miklos, etc.

Have you talked to John Lahti, he has had his '57 since the early '70s - although his came with red upholstery, he might be a good guy to talk to.
-Brian
1923 Hackercraft 23' Dolphin #03
1938 Gar Wood 22' Streamliner #6256 Empress
1952 Chris~Craft 19' Racing Runabout #363 Thunderstruck
Robinson Restoration, LLC (760) 468-1009

mattwells

Post by mattwells » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:01 pm

I contacted every '57 Capri owner in the ACBS directory (by email). Only a few told me that they have "green" interior, but couldn't say for sure it was original and didn't have hull cards. No one could say anyhting about Decoray either.

I will check with John as I don't remember his name on that list.

I guess it is more or less a moot point as I doubt anyone has or replicates a covering that was used for one year.

Thanks.

James

Post by James » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:08 pm

mattwells wrote:....Decoray...
I'm searching also Matt; I need it in greens....let's keep in touch!

James
[email protected]
Vision without execution is hallucination.

Woody

Re: Decoray Linoleum Redux

Post by Woody » Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:51 am

I just encountered a boat (1957 18 foot CONTINENTAL ) that also has Decoray listed on the hull card. I am willing to try to reproduce it (as the continental is mine now) if anyone has managed to get a sample! This also gives us more people to contact concerning the possibility of getting a sample.