Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Headliner, 64 Chris Cleaning

Leather, Tolex or Russaloid. Linoleum or black rubber matting. If it's in the cockpit or in the cabin, post your questions and answers here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

snewk41

Headliner, 64 Chris Cleaning

Post by snewk41 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:06 am

We own a 64 Chris, wooden with the white headliner (not sure of the material, a type of nautilex?) We have tried everything we know to clean it, but with no results. Just general age and cig. smoke from prior owner. Anyone have a suggestion as to what we could use? :(

Al Benton
Club Executive Team

Post by Al Benton » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:38 pm

We had the same problem. I believe it is Nautolex with vent holes every inch or so. It would not clean up and was always nasty looking. I took it loose while trying to get some roof mounted hardware off. The back side of the liner was black with who knows what, so now it is landfill. I removed it completely. Replacing it will be a good winter project.

Wish I had better news but don't be surprised to find the same disgusting growth on the back side of it.

Al

John DeVries

headliner

Post by John DeVries » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:32 pm

Try Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. I use these things on the white flooring in our boat and they work great.

John

boatmanscm

Post by boatmanscm » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:18 am

you can try malco cleaner for vinyl and leather . be careful if you spray directly on surface it will clean so good you will have runs of clean . recomend spray on rag wipe on then using a soft brush gently rub into texture and wipe with clean wet rag.
Stanley Marshall CUSTOM UPHOLSTER ,
Over 100 boats , @[email protected]