Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Where to get Stebel Nautilus Horn Repair Parts - '74 Lancer

Your old Chris-Craft electrical system can be a challenge. If it runs on "juice" pose your questions and offer your advice here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

suesailor

Where to get Stebel Nautilus Horn Repair Parts - '74 Lancer

Post by suesailor » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:53 am

Don't know if this horn was original on our '74 23' Lancer or not. It works, but the plastic diaghram has small tears in it and also the plastic covers over the diaghram are cracked. Thus the sound is not very loud. Can these parts be found or is a new horn on the horizon?

Thanks,
Susie

"Cheers"
1974 23' Lancer
Mercruiser 350 MPI Straight Inboard (1998)
Sausalito, CA

quitchabitchin

Post by quitchabitchin » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:29 pm

This is the info on the guy that repaired the Sparton horn on Quitchabitchin. Don't look for a website, it doesn't exist. This guy is old school.

The Horn Shop
Bill Randall
315-336-8841
Rome, NY
FLASH1969 Chris Craft Cavalier Ski-230 HP 327Q

CCABC Board of Directors Member

rgmxk22

Post by rgmxk22 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:24 pm

Hi, your horns look very much like the Fultone air horns I have on my CC XK22. I found that I could buy a repair kit for Speed's Carquest Auto parts in Cadillac, MI. I bought my last kit from them back in 2003. The phone number on my bill is 775-9772 sorry the area code isn't printed on the bill' so you'll have to look it up.

So I don't know if they are ever around any longer or can still get the kit. The part numner on the kit from them was SGT 21323 and it cost me $12.02 plus shipping. It contained two new diaphragms, two new plastic top caps and six screws.

I've rebuilt my horns twice this way and had great results! and just maybe that part number is avaialable through any Carquest auto parts. I plan on checking on that, but haven't had a chance yet.

And Bill Randal at the Horn Shop is a GREAT guy to deal with! He did an old Cadillac Horn that I wanted rebuilt for my father's car, and Bill did a nice job, fast turn around and a fair price. So if you decide to work with him, I highly recommend him.
Ron Michael
72 CC XK22
Ohio

suesailor

Signaltone Fultone Horn Parts located!

Post by suesailor » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:12 am

Ron, you are a gem! Yesterday, before I got this msg I mailed the broken parts to Bill Randall and he was going to see what he could do to make new ones. So this morning I called Carquest in Cadillac, MI (231-775-9772) and Ralph, their horn guy, had 16 of these repair kits for the dual trumpets! The price has gone way up to $14.76 (ha!)
The insignia on the top of our horns is "SN" which stood for Signaltone-Nieman. Then it became Fultone Signaltone and Ralph said it has recently been purchased by an Italian company called Fiamm.

Again, thank you! I love this org.

Susie & Lon
"Cheers"
"Cheers"
1974 23' Lancer
Mercruiser 350 MPI Straight Inboard (1998)
Sausalito, CA