Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Corsair XL 175 Information

If it doesn't pertain to metal, fiberglass, wire or fabric—but it is about classic fiberglass Chris-Crafts, ask your question or give your advice here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

R_Maclay

Post by R_Maclay » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:32 am

Hey Bill,

How did the result of the "BLUE BOMB" come out?

Pictures?

Did you get the chrome corner pieces re-fabricated?
I have one rear corner available, chrome piece.

Thanks, Mac

PS: I'm changing my OMC outdrive upper gear case oil this weekend, my new propeller is ready to try out. washed and cleaned up for some spring boating out here in California, need to get the trailer painted.
1965 Chris-Craft Corsair
17.5 Ft. XL-175 SunLounger
225v6 OMC-Buick I/O

Bill Basler

Post by Bill Basler » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:40 pm

Mac, the Blue Bomb has been in winter storage, soon to hit my garage once again. I still have not come to a solution on how to handle the refurbishing of the hull. I am thinking I may go the Awlgrip route. I would like to spray it myself, but I am working on the shop issues now.

I picked up the upholstery. Looks fantastic I will post some pics soon. Also, I will be attacking all of the fake woodgrain pieces. I bout enough materials to do the glove box, dash, and the side panels.

I would love to buy the corner piece from you. Please PM me we'll negotiate. Thanks for the offer!
Bill Basler

zombiescustoms

Post by zombiescustoms » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:49 am

Just as a note I have purchased David Hoovers' 175 and have found the hull number, it is partially covered however, right under the bow eye, I will have to remove the the eye to get the whole number. It is titled with a partial number and the is stated to be a 1965.

Mark

Bill Basler

Post by Bill Basler » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:59 am

Mark, I am familiar with the boat and communicated with David Hoover when he first found the boat. I would love to see you enter the hull info and photos into our Hull Registry at www.chris-craft.org/registry

I do not believe David had posted anything on the boat so this will be a new XL175 in the Registry. While a half a dozen XL175s may not seem like many, it is more than you will find in one place in any other place on the web. Also be sure to view the Sport V models. We have several of those within the Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club as well, and they are a close sibling to the XL.
Bill Basler

joanroy

Re: Corsair XL 175 Information

Post by joanroy » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:58 pm

Bill, looking at a 66 XL 175. How'd you make out with yours?

quitchabitchin

Post by quitchabitchin » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:09 am

I wouldn't expect a response from this....I'm pretty sure Bill is no longer using the Buzz.
FLASH1969 Chris Craft Cavalier Ski-230 HP 327Q

CCABC Board of Directors Member

joanroy

Post by joanroy » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:54 pm

Thank You I didn't know that.