Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Why can't I see pictures?

Post your Boat Buzz technical questions here. We will do our best to respond to your questions in a timely manner.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton

Mike

Why can't I see pictures?

Post by Mike » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:37 am

I can not view pictures in posts , I do see the avitars though,,,,
1957 15' CC Cavalier Utility

Al Benton
Club Executive Team

Post by Al Benton » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:30 am

Sorry, Mike. I don't know enough about computers to help. Could it be the video card? Cashe capacity? Operating system? Old computer?

Bill, do you know what we can do to help Mike? I don't have a clue. This is his second plea for help. Maybe you need a new computer, Mike. Don't Know. Most of the time mine works when I turn it on but there are times when I feel it's a good canidate for land fill.

Al

Bill Basler

Post by Bill Basler » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:15 am

Avatar photos are uploaded to our web server that we manage, within Basler Design Group (Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club headquarters).

Posted photos are hosted by a free image hosting service called postimage.org. when a person uploads a photo, the image file is "linked to" via a conventional html link...really no different than any other link to an external site.

I can't really think of what the problem might be. Do you see the thumbnail images in the post itself? Are you able to see the thumbnails, but not able to click out to the larger view? If so, I am suspecting that you have a pop-up blocker or something enabled. Otherwise, I would try cleaning your browser of "temporary internet files" and reloading the page.

I hope this helps Mike.
Bill Basler

Mike

Post by Mike » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:10 pm

do not see any url or anything just text.. and avitars

I am using zonealarm, have set to allow popups, no change. Have not had any problems when visiting woodenboat board. Newer pc using IE v 6.0. set to block 3rd party cookies. Have noted that the html is off on my profile.
I will try to log in on my daughters laptop ...
is there a canoe here?
ok i see my canoe on preview

Mike

Post by Mike » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:17 pm

Well how bout that seems to be working now ....
I think this is where I started.....

Al Benton
Club Executive Team

Post by Al Benton » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:34 pm

Mike,
Glad pics is finally working. Got your work cut out for you on the Cavalier but in good hands judging by the craftsmanship seen in the canoe. Looks great!

Al

Bill Basler

Post by Bill Basler » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Mike...excellent. Seems to be working for you now.
Bill Basler

Mike

Post by Mike » Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:02 pm

Thanks Al the Cavalier was finished 2002. The canoe is ongoing, next project I would like to get a little bigger maybe a cruiser something that can be trailered to the ICW ...... but have 3 in college now and ............
Anyway here is the finished cavalier, the canoe is slathered in epoxy and is ready to sand and finish the inside...

Al Benton
Club Executive Team

Post by Al Benton » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:23 pm

Well, Mike, I opened my mouth to yawn (or something) and before ya know it there's my foot stuck right in there. The Cavalier is increadable (where's the spell-check button?). No wonder the canoe looks so great.

Al