Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

1953 DCEB

Are you in need of information regarding "the way it was?" Or are you are a walking "who's-who" of Chris-Craft history? Share what you don't know—or do know here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

clint scott

1953 DCEB

Post by clint scott » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:00 pm

I am restoring a 1953 34'Double Cabin Enclosed Bridge cruiser. While I have seen many Double Cabin Flybridge (DCFB)over the years, I have not seen the model I have. I am curious about the number of hulls that were manufactured. I have come up with 100+ of the DC34 series, but can't find a breakdown of enclosed versus flybridge. Is there a way to find out how many DCEB models are still around? Is mine rare? I'd appreciate any help on this. Thanks
Clint Scott
Malolo

Don Ayers
Club Executive Team

Post by Don Ayers » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:18 pm

Clint;

First you would have to determine how many within the series were the DCEB. This can only be determined by a look at the hull cards for the entire D-34-001 to D-34-142 series. Then you will know if it is pretty rare. Someday maybe the CCABC will have a national registry and you could find out that way but until then you would have to know each hull number that was a DCEB.
Don Ayers
1959 Riva Ariston
www.RivaForum.org
www.barrelback.com

clint scott

DCEB

Post by clint scott » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:46 pm

Thanks Don,
I imagine it is quite a task to look at the hull cards of all DC 34s. Most of my information is with the original papers and documentation that were on the boat when I bought her. My life plans have changed and I will not be able to keep her as planned (won't do well in Hawaii). Am trying to figure out a $ to value ratio before I go too much further into the last half of the restoration. I have restored several fiberglass sailboats in my boating life, but this is my first wood adventure and am I ever learning alot.
Clint Scott
DCEB 34

James L. Arata II

Post by James L. Arata II » Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:08 pm

Clint,

How far is the restoration on vessel completed. Do you have pictures. Feel free to call (419) 571-5700 would like more info on vessel.

Thanks, Jim Arata II