Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Tavares Wrap Up

Every so often the executives of The Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club will pose a question asking for your thoughts. Or maybe you have something that you would like to share with us. Step up on the soap box here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton

Bill Basler

Tavares Wrap Up

Post by Bill Basler » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:13 am

I am settling back in after a week in Florida, prior to, during, and after the Tavares Boat Show. It was a wonderful time. We had over 500 in attendance for our Thursday evening cocktail party on the first day of the show. It was a success all the way around. I will post a few photos as soon as I collect them from others who were standing behind cameras.
Bill Basler

dkdefazio

Tavares Boat Show

Post by dkdefazio » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:09 am

Hi Bill:

I took over a hundred pictures of the boat show and will send them to you soon. I've just been swamped and on the road since returning.It was really nice to meet you and help out in the booth.
I just noticed that the pictures of the two boats on the masthead for boat buzz above are "Fiberclassics"
My,my,what will the woodie fanatics think?

Take care,

Dick

Al Benton
Club Executive Team

Post by Al Benton » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:00 pm

Dick, I look forward to seeing some photos of the show, being I couldn't be there this year. Thanks for your offer.

A brief overview of the Riva/Chris-Craft event would be interesting to hear as well. With 500 plus CCABC members present it must have been a fun time for all. Only problem is, the rest of us (2,500 or so) missed out on some things that we may be interested in.

Oh Dick, the bannor is great, don't think of it as leaving out the woodie "fanatics", it's all part of the "classic history" that Bill so thoughtfully includes in the Club. I enjoy seeing them all.

Al