Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Gentle Reminder

Every so often the executives of The Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club will pose a question asking for your thoughts. Or maybe you have something that you would like to share with us. Step up on the soap box here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton

Bill Basler

Gentle Reminder

Post by Bill Basler » Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:05 pm

All:

Since this forum is the latest iteration of many other systems that the club has used prior (such as MS Listbot, Memberclicks) we are honestly a bit late in reminding our Boat Buzz audience of the rules of engagement here. I will try to get a more formal document together on this in the near future, but in short, let's all remember to keep the discussion relative to classic and antique Chris-Crafts. As we near our one year anniversay of Boat Buzz, we've not had many issues, and certianly no complaints.

Please abide by this very simple procedure if you have a boat, parts, or services to peddle: " I have XXX available for a Chris-Craft XXX. Please contact me at [email protected] if you are interested. Or better yet, submit your ad to [email protected] for inclusion in the next Brass Bell. This is a better medium for these ads, and it is a well read feature of every Brass Bell.

Thank you all.
Last edited by Bill Basler on Thu May 04, 2006 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Basler

J. William Tarbrake

Post by J. William Tarbrake » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:17 pm

Bill,
How about this idea? Create a separate forum under member discussion and entitle it:"BOATS&PARTS for SALE or TRADE"
I believe that this could be a great way for members of this forum to exchange of sell their extra parts, as well as exchanging information. Being in a separate forum, it would not bog down the discussion in other more important forums.
Bill Tarbrake
J. William Tarbrake
1967 Chris Craft 40' Constellation
"Cats Meow"

Bill Basler

Post by Bill Basler » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:19 pm

Good idea and very simple to implement. Here's another thought. We are currently working on the redesign of the Club Web site, and as part of it, the online Trading Dock will be much enhanced. As part of the new Trading Dock, a member will be able to post and remove their ads as they wish. Members will also be able to post several photos of their boats. Viewers will be able to sort listings by year, length, make or model. Once we get that up and running, we will have a much better buyer/seller experience there. Hopefully this will be up fairly soon. Until then, we'll be fairly tolerent of a few "boat plugs" as long as it doesn't get too crazy.
Bill Basler