Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

A few statistics for those who care about such things

Every so often the executives of The Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club will pose a question asking for your thoughts. Or maybe you have something that you would like to share with us. Step up on the soap box here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton

Bill Basler

A few statistics for those who care about such things

Post by Bill Basler » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:22 pm

As part of our involvement with chris-craft.org (which includes Boat Buzz), the official site of the Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club, we run some analysis software that sheds some light on "who" is looking at our site, "what" they are looking at, "where" they came from & "when" they are visiting. As for the "why", we can only assume they are interested in the same things we are.

For the last couple of months, we have made the Boat Buzz topics viewable by the public. John Q Public cannot take part in the dicussion, but he/she can view the discussion threads. When someone becomes curious enough to register on Boat Buzz, and if they are not a Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club member, we have a follow up process that spells out the benefits of joining our club. This process has yielded about 20 new members in the last two months from as close as "your back door" to as far away as Australia. I am hoping that this trend continues. Membership growth is what will continue to fund our rather extensive wish list.

Here are a few site stats:
» We receive an average of 5,843 site hits per day.
» The highest traffic time of day is 11:00 a.m. CST
» 45% of site visitors are on the site 2-minutes to over an hour
» 85% of vistors are Windows users, 12% are Mac users, a few % "other"
» 60.7% of page hits that come from a search engine, come from Google.
» 18.9% of page hits that come from a search engine come from Yahoo
» Of the other sites that link to us, mariners.org (The Mariners' Museum) accounts for the most traffic. Also in the top 5 is chriscraft.com (Chris-Craft Corporation).
»The top "search phrases" entered into a search engine (people trying to find us) are, "chris craft", "chris craft boats", "chris-craft", "chris craft boat", "antique boats", "cris craft", and "chris craft club".

Hopefuly this is interesting to someone out there. This data helps us in virtually everything we do. It helps us define "who" is looking for "what"
Bill Basler

flicka

Post by flicka » Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:37 pm

Thank you for sharing, Bill. That is very important information to help you understand who your viewers are and what they are looking for. I monitor our website in much the same manor and it's paid off. Are you able to also tell the ISP, size of monitor, etc. ? I love stats !

Would you mind giving us an update every quarter or so, maybe even once a month during the Summer months ? Maybe some of the other members, lurkers included might jump in and start posting their questions and insights. I joined this group to learn and share what I learn about the Classic Chris Craft boats.

flicka
1965 37' Constellation Express
1966 37' Owens Grenada