Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Miniature models od Chris Craft

If it doesn't pertain to metal, wood, wire or fabric—but it is about vintage Chris-Crafts, ask your question or give your advice here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

rockhounder

Miniature models od Chris Craft

Post by rockhounder » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:46 am

Hi all,

Just saw a real cute HO scale Chris Craft style model kit of what looks like a 21 foot Sportsman (early 50's style). It is from Osborn models. They also have a gentleman racer, and a 21 foot triple cockpit style. All are made from laser cut real mahogany. I might buy one, they look real cute. Just a couple of inches long. But it looks like they got the metal trim pieces on it.

By the way, has anyone ever seen a larger model of a Sportsman Utility style model with the open type hull?
Attachments
21mahoganyrunaboutHO.jpg
21mahoganyrunaboutHO.jpg (6.81 KiB) Viewed 630 times

rockhounder

Re: Miniature models od Chris Craft

Post by rockhounder » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:55 am

Well, the kit arrived last night, It actually had good potential, but was lacking many details. Since I have a 18 foot Sportsman, and wanted to make it like our boat, I kitbashed and cut down the main decking, then reshaped the hull to fit. Added a few details that were not in the kit, like the corrected engine cover, and the blue cushions. Made a taillight flagstaff, put a bead of clear superglue on top for the mooring light. Also, since the kit was waterline only, I used the leftover wood to finish the bottom of the hull shape.

All in all, it was a fun little kit to make! And for only being 2.54 inches long (HO scale), pretty good detail.
Attachments
HO-scale-18-foot-Sportsman-Deluxe.jpg
21-and-18-foot-comparison.jpg