Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Cavalier hull number

If it doesn't pertain to metal, wood, wire or fabric—but it is about vintage Chris-Crafts, ask your question or give your advice here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

texashans

Cavalier hull number

Post by texashans » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:19 pm

I have just purchased a 15.5' 1959 Cavalier, in need of a little TLC. I spent some time crawling around inside today looking for a hull number which might help in identifying what size motor (among other things) orginally came with the boat. I know that they are supposed to be on the motor mount "stringers", but if they are on top then they are obscured by the added 283 motor currently in the boat. Nonetheless, there are supposed to be a 1/2 dozen places other places where the hull numbers should be found, but I could not find anything. The only thing re. numbers that I found on the boat are the following numbers penciled in the front and aft:

155-38-1 front
155-15-? aft

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Mike

Post by Mike » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:14 pm

Look aft for crosspiece.. between stringers
1957 15' CC Cavalier Utility

E-J Ohler

Hull number

Post by E-J Ohler » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:35 pm

I'm not familiar with a fifteen and a half foot Cavalier. Are you sure it is not a 15' (14'11") or a 16'(15'11" or 16'4") What is the titled year?
Besides that as mentioned some of the cross members (also for deck) might have a number and they could be ink-stamped (if the boat was painted over inside hard to find) Sometime a number was letter stamped somewhere close to center below water line were bottom meets transom.
Good luck.
Thanks,
E-J
"Dad Gawn Crazy" - 1963 31' Cavalier Futura Custom (Twin 283)