Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Restoration assistance/mentoring

If it doesn't pertain to metal, wood, wire or fabric—but it is about vintage Chris-Crafts, ask your question or give your advice here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

alanschilk

Restoration assistance/mentoring

Post by alanschilk » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:34 am

I’m a new CCABC member in Stuart, Florida, considering the purchase of a 1951 CC Sportsman Utility (17’). Looking for local availability of assistance/mentoring (shipwrights, boatyards, fellow CCABC members, etc.) before committing to this restoration project. I’m an experienced boater and capable woodworker, but have never restored a wooden boat before. This boat appears to be in good condition (only used in fresh water, always stored under cover, hull is rot-free). I hope to do most of the work myself, but would like to know if assistance is nearby when the need arises. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

tkhersom

Re: Restoration assistance/mentoring

Post by tkhersom » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:53 am

Hi Alan:

Welcome aboard! :D

You are surrounded by one of the most active ACBS chapters that exists, The Sunnyland Chapter. https://acbs-sunnyland.org/
Many of it's members are also CCABC members including one of our former Presidents Terry Fiest. Make contact with someone in the Sunnyland organization and I am sure you will find what you are looking for.
Troy in ANE - Former President CCABC

1957 CC 21' Continental "Yorktown" (Mom's boat)
https://www.chris-craft.org/boats/22625/
1985 Formula 242LS "Gottago"
1991 Formula 36PC "Band Aids"

Life Is Too Short To Own An Ugly Boat

George Emmanuel

Re: Restoration assistance/mentoring

Post by George Emmanuel » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:05 am

Hi Alan,

I just finished my 1955 17' Sportsman. I'm in Gainesville and am willing to help in any way.

George