Advertising in the Brass Bell
The Brass Bell is a publication of the Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club. As the flagship publication for the antique and classic boat niche, circulation to Club members is in excess of 3,000 copies, with an additional 1,000 of each issue distributed to prospective members at boat shows, special events and other locations. The Brass Bell is distributed quarterly (Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall) as both a printed and online magazine to its members.
In addition to advertising in The Brass Bell, advertisers are listed on the Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club website. Each advertiser has a brief description of its business along with contact information and a link to the advertiserís site
The Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club is growing rapidly ó currently averaging two new members per day. This means your ad will reach more vintage boating enthusiasts with each quarter that passes.
We control the quality of the reader experience by managing a strict ratio of content to advertising. We currently have four ad sizes available, Eighth Page Horizontal, Quarter Page Vertical, Half Page Horizontal, and Full Page. The One Time Rate is for a single insertion in a single issue. The Four Time Rate is for four consecutive issues. The Four Time Rate is equivalent to the Single Issue Rate multiplied times four issues minus 20%. To qualify for the Four Time Rate discount, prepayment is required 15 days prior to the closing date for the first insertion.
2013 Rates and Sizes
Inside Front Cover or Inside Back Cover
Full page with bleed (8.5-inches wide by 11-inches tall plus 1/4 inch bleed)
One Time Rate $1,020.00
Four Time Rate $3,264.00
Inside Full Page
With bleed (8.5-inches wide by 11-inches tall plus 1/4 inch bleed)
One Time Rate $850.00
Four Time Rate $2,720.00
Half Page Horizontal
Non-bleed (7.5-inches wide by 5-inches tall)
One Time Rate $510.00
Four Time Rate $1,632.00
Quarter Page Vertical
Non-bleed (3.75-inches wide by 5-inches tall)
One Time Rate $289.00
Four Time Rate (consecutive Issues) $952.00
- The Brass Bell is printed direct-to-plate and requires digital files. Digitally supplied material only. No film will be accepted.
- Acceptable File Formats: PDF/X-1a, PDF. Convert all spot colors to process. Keep images at 350 DPI or higher, using minimal, or no compression. Convert all fonts to outlines, or embed all fonts.
- Acceptable Media and/or transmission methods.
- Macintosh or PC formatted CD Roms or DVDs.
- Files up to 25 Mb can be sent via Email to LN@catalystchicago.com. Please create a Zip or Stuffit archive of attachment(s).
- Files can also be transmitted via YouSendIt.com (free service) or ftp. Please contact the Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club for ftp instructions.
- Media Labeling: Issue date, advertiser and/or agency name, contact person, phone number, list of contents.
- Proofs: Accurate proofs should accompany all ads. If no proof is provided, The Brass Bell will not be responsible for color accuracy.
- Production Contact: Lorraine Negley at Catalyst Communications - 773-878-1940 or LN@catalystchicago.com
- Payment Contact: The Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, PayPal and checks. Contact Lorraine at 773-878-1940.