Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Test

Every so often the executives of The Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club will pose a question asking for your thoughts. Or maybe you have something that you would like to share with us. Step up on the soap box here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton

Al Benton
Club Executive Team

Test

Post by Al Benton » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:56 am

Houston, We Have A Problem!

We have completely filled the entire board's quota for attaching files.

We will be looking into this problem immediately and let all Boat Buzz users know when a resolution has been found.
Al
Member - Executive Team

mattbyrne

Re: Test

Post by mattbyrne » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:39 pm

The file attachment quota has been increased, continue to attach pictures.

This is a test
Attachments
1939-garwood-runabout-neil-zimmerman.jpg

boat_art

Post by boat_art » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:43 pm

dang! I hate boat pics! Why did you fix it??
:)

tkhersom

Post by tkhersom » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:12 pm

Thanks!!
Attachments
CompDSC05122.JPG
Barn Find? Na, I knew it was there.

High Seas

Post by High Seas » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:30 am

Can we start a Constellation Forum and how do we get it going?

tkhersom

Post by tkhersom » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:48 am

[quote="High Seas"]Can we start a Constellation Forum and how do we get it going?[/quote]

I think we could start a Constellation Forum, but like the Commander Forum, I think it would have to be outside the Buzz.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/424840/

I know I don't have the technical knowledge or time to build and maintain such a site, however I sure would be willing to participate.

Troy in ME

Al Benton
Club Executive Team

Post by Al Benton » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:27 am

I would like to encourage our IT Team to provide a means within Boat Buzz that would keep all things Chris-Craft right here within the Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club, where it belongs, and where all of our members can benefit from the knowledge shared.

I, as a Director, and an advocate of serving the needs of ALL Chris-Craft Owners and Enthusiasts, feel that we must make every effort possible to keep us together. As a Club, we are stronger in numbers. A separate Forum of any kind would cause division among us.

Therefore, I would like to discuss this with our BOD and IT Team immediately and come back to you with a positive proposal that would serve to keep "All Things Chris-Craft" right here on "The Buzz".
Al
Member - Executive Team

tkhersom

Post by tkhersom » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:52 am

Thanks Al! That sounds GREAT!

I know the answer in the past has been that Connies were built under the standard "Chris-Craft Division" thus do not fall into a special category and should be included in the usual format of the Buzz. I don't think that any of us are offended by this, but would like to have an easier method of communicating with other Connie enthusiasts.

Thanks for your help!

Troy in ME

tkhersom

Post by tkhersom » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:01 am

I will also add that I can see where this could become a logistical nightmare.

If you make a Connie group then someone may want a Sprotsman group, or a Capri group, or .........

Keep us posted.

Al Benton
Club Executive Team

Post by Al Benton » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:05 am

Logistics could be a problem but I want you to know that your BOD and IT Team is already on this and are taking it very seriously. Some great ideas on how to approach this have already been suggested.

The importance of this subject, and its impact on future planning and changes for OUR CLUB and ALL of our MEMBERS is at the forefront of our priorities and will most definitely lead to changes that will be inclusive to ALL interest groups.

Please bare with us as we go to work to develop positive changes that keep us united in All Things Chris-Craft.
Al
Member - Executive Team

Doug P

Post by Doug P » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:54 pm

[quote="tkhersom"]Thanks Al! That sounds GREAT!

I know the answer in the past has been that Connies were built under the standard "Chris-Craft Division" thus do not fall into a special category and should be included in the usual format of the Buzz. I don't think that any of us are offended by this, but would like to have an easier method of communicating with other Connie enthusiasts.

Thanks for your help!

Troy in ME[/quote]

Troy in ANE
Boat/US has many Connie topic forums
Doug in PNW

parroteyes

Post by parroteyes » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:49 am

Until and unless the volume of posts becomes unwieldy, I see no reason to wall off any groups. As a runabout restorer I enjoy many of the threads concerning other types of CCs. I learn things from those posts and fantasize about you big boys.

It seems to me that the "search" provided would allow anyone to exclude non "Connie" folks from what they read by simply searching "Connie and Constellation".

This is a non-problem for which the cure is surely worse than the disease.

parroteyes

Post by parroteyes » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:58 am

I just noticed that the "signature" feature maybe broken. Since I thought most owners list their boats in their sidnature the "Connie AND Constellation" search would find all those relevant posts, but not if the signature feature is broken?

tkhersom

Post by tkhersom » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:02 am

I think it is just something about this thread. If you notice you don't get to use smiley faces either.

Al Benton
Club Executive Team

Post by Al Benton » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:32 pm

I'll notify Matt about the signature problem after this post.

We will be looking into ways to improve Boat Buzz and our website in the near future. In the mean time we will be adding an index item in Enthusiast Groups called Constellation Enthusiast Group. Although not a Division, this area is for information unique to Chris-Craft Constellations.

Here are some interesting statistics regarding the Constellation. Over 90% of all wooden cruisers built by Chris-Craft - Main Division following 1960 were Constellations. Almost 8,400 Constellation cruisers were built between 1955 and 1972. Many of these amazing Constellations are still around thanks to the dedication of the owners and their maticulous work in keeping them afloat.

All Classic Chris-Craft boats are special to all of us, and none more so than any of the others from Kit Boats to Constellations. Although a Constellation Division didn't officiall exist in Chris-Craft they represent a significant part of the history of classic cruisers in America.
Al
Member - Executive Team