Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Iva lite disassemby article Classic Boating

Bronze, stainless, chrome or steel. If you need information about the non-wood items on your Chris-Craft, pose your questions here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

boatxplorer

Iva lite disassemby article Classic Boating

Post by boatxplorer » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:30 pm

Anyone recall the issue of Classic Boating that contained the article detailing the disassembly and repair of Ivalites? I'm posting this for a friend and as we discussed he and I vaguely remember this being covered in one of the past articles somewhere between 5 and 10 yrs ago. Anyone have any idea which issue/year? Or are we just dreaming?

Doug P

Re: Iva lite disassemby article Classic Boating

Post by Doug P » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:19 pm

paul.kuczerepa

Re: Iva lite disassemby article Classic Boating

Post by paul.kuczerepa » Wed May 27, 2020 9:36 pm

I am at the same place as 'boatxplorer' - 7 years later.
I have seen fuzzy images of the "iva-lite exploded view" , but the link below is no longer working.
I have heard that the gentleman who was the genius behind the Iva-Lite spotlights has moved on to greater adventures.
All of the Iva-Lite spotlight information is no longer on-line.
Does anyone have another source of the "iva-lite exploded view" ?
I have trhe same questions about the internal wiring of the Iva-lite.
The case for the bulb was disassembled and the there are three disconnected wires inside - a red, a green, and a braided silver wire inside clear insulation. There is another red wire going up through the base from the bottom to the ring contact - it is intact. I assume the loose red wire in the bulb case will feed through the "hinge" and need to be attached to the copper spring on the hinge.
But, where do the silver and green wires go? There is only one wire (red) coming out of the base - where is the second wire?
... does the Green wire attach to the base? and then to another ground?
A diagram or picture of the inside of the bulb case would be very helpful. Can anyone help?