Page 1 of 1

Voltage Regulator

Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:31 pm
by John Cederstrom
The M27 Chrysler Crown engine that came with the Gar Wood Ensign I am restoring is missing the voltage regulator. I assume it was a 6 volt regulator. I plan on changing to a 12 volt system. Can anyone help me as to where I can purchase a 12 volt that would be compatible with this engine? Any other advise would be welcome as I am more of a wood guy.


Re: Voltage Regulator

Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:17 am
by drrot
When you take the generator in to be converted to 12V have the shop match a regulator to the generator.

Re: Voltage Regulator

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:46 am
by Don Vogt
Why bother to convert. A 6v system works just fine. There are several threads discussing this here.

Re: Voltage Regulator

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:43 pm
by Ollon
Call Mike Murley of Murleys Marine. He has whatever you need in either voltage for any Chrysler and a wealth of information.