Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Fall 2011 Brass Bell

This topic area is for Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club members only and is not viewable by the general public.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton

wadecon1

About pg 5

Post by wadecon1 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:20 pm

I gotta weigh in on this. I would like to remind all the gentleman involved in club leadership, boat buzz posting and The Brass Bell of something. I say without the intention of offending anyone in particular: Show a little class boys, We are Chris Craft guys! There is a time and place and way to inform the membership of any and all issues relating to club business.

The page 5 thing....NOT COOL

For an issue of this magnitude, it didn't seem to be handle with any decorum what so ever. The membership should be informed on business as the bylaws provide, but in a business like manor please. Not innuendos, implications and singular opinions. Only facts that move us forward in a positive direction.

Furthermore,(all most done bitching), on some issues it may be better to hit delete and continue forward. Maybe we don't need to be influenced further by the negative energy this last year has created.

Thanks for listening, Thanks to everyone for the effort to restoring the club, Thanks in advance for taking the higher road.

Chris Wade
Chris Wade
1973 23' Chris Craft Lancer 307QLV/Volvo 270
1964 21' Chris Craft Sea Skiff 327

Don Ayers
Club Executive Team

Post by Don Ayers » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:10 pm

Board Of Directors
CORRESPONDENCE

The Board appreciates all member comments and takes them into serious consideration.

We regret any discomfort the subject matter of “From the Club” might have caused in The Brass Bell. It was our intention only to inform the membership of the current challenges. In retrospect, we believe The Brass Bell is not the place for such communication; therefore a revised copy will appear in the printed version that is being produced this week.

That stated, each member of the current Board of Directors stands by his convictions to restore the trust of the membership, establish a sustainable financial structure, and provide proper governance and accountability.

We shall not wavier from that mission, nor cut and run when the going gets tough. The membership deserves better, and we look forward to continued communication, within the “Club Business” section of Boat Buzz regarding our progress forward.

2012 Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club’s Board of Directors’ short-term goals:

1. Produce The Brass Bell within a specific timeframe and budget the club can afford

2. Establish appropriate accounting and financial practices mandated for a Non-profit IRS Section (501)(c)(3).

3. File our 2010 and 2011 Tax 990 forms in order to maintain our 501c3 status

4. Finalize new CCABC By-laws

5. Conduct proper membership elections at the end of 2012

6. Improve our electronic membership benefits

7. Recover The Club’s Physical Assets and Financial Records.

Though these goals are both uncomplicated and straightforward, they require a full team of volunteers selflessly giving their time and expertise.

One other important point to keep in mind is that although our Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club is commonly referred to as a “club”; it is much more than a club. We are an IRS Section (501)(c)(3), not-for-profit corporation, registered with the State of Florida. Therefore, it must meet specific performance requirements at the State and Federal level.

The Board of Directors’ sole mission is to make certain the requirements set forth by the State and Federal government are met. Proper execution of these duties results in a membership that never has to worry and can be informed as much as they wish to be.

The Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club’s Board of Directors thanks you again for your support of The Club during this challenging transition
Don Ayers
1959 Riva Ariston
www.RivaForum.org
www.barrelback.com

wadecon1

pg 5 edit

Post by wadecon1 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:34 am

Thank you to the Board for tending to the edit of page 5. I just thought I would post now to show that I am one that not only complains, but also supports. That is all, over and out.

Chris Wade
Chris Wade
1973 23' Chris Craft Lancer 307QLV/Volvo 270
1964 21' Chris Craft Sea Skiff 327