Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

What would you do to earn someone's business?

Have an insurance-related question? Our Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club Silver Sponsor, Hagerty Classic Marine Insurance Agency, LLC, is eager to help navigate the waters.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton

quitchabitchin

What would you do to earn someone's business?

Post by quitchabitchin » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:36 pm

Here is a picture of Hagerty rep Michael Hor taking one for the Hagerty team. I am not sure if you've ever seen someone do a 180 in a 1948 Chris Craft Racing Runabout, but it is quite a sight to see. As the front and rear ends swap places, about 50 gallons of water washes over the inside of the rear end and swamps whoever is sitting in the back seat. Michael was a great sport about it and hopefully has or will be writing a new policy on this beauty soon.
FLASH1969 Chris Craft Cavalier Ski-230 HP 327Q

CCABC Board of Directors Member

jfrprops

Post by jfrprops » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:17 am

love that,,,,these folks are BOATING!!! get out and go, go today....

John in Va.
1980 Fairchild Scout 30
19?? custom Argentine Runabout 16'
1954 Whirlwind deluxe dual ckpt 16'
1921 Old Town Charles River 17' (founding Captain, James River Batteau Festival)

JohnKadimik

Post by JohnKadimik » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:27 am

"SNAP TURN"

hagerty

Post by hagerty » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:43 am

A few years back, Carla was doing a photo shoot with Bruce B. in Mt Dora, they buried his gentleman's racer into the photo boats wake. There was a photo from the Wangards floating around somewhere.....

jfrprops

Post by jfrprops » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:44 pm

Even a drenched or scared s---less day on the water, is a day on the water! GO! beter than any day ashore.

John in Va.
1980 Fairchild Scout 30
1921 Old Town Charles River 17' (founding Captain, James River Batteau Festival)

mfine

Post by mfine » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:06 pm

You may be able just go in Virgina, but around here you have to worry about the water in your engine freezing and cracking the block and manifolds. It is better to wait patiently until May.

quitchabitchin

Post by quitchabitchin » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:14 pm

This is from the ACBS Bluegrass Rendezvouz which was the same weekend as the International ACBS show. I wish we took these pictures yesterday. Great weekend.

I will share another great story from the weekend.

During the show, there was a young boy admiring Torpedo at the dock. He looked up at the boat's owner, Mark Whitehead, who stands about 6'4" tall and asked "How fast does it go?" A good question considering a Racing Runabout looks fast just sitting there. Mark said "Around 45 or so. Do you wanna drive it?" The boys eyes lit up and he just stared at Mark, not knowing what to say. Mark asked if the boy's dad was there and he said he was on another dock nearby. He said "If your dad says it's ok, I'll take you out and you can drive it." The boy ran over and asked his dad and as soon as the show was officially over, they untied and pulled away. Little Frederich, I hope I spelled it right, turned his ball cap around backward and grabbed the wheel while Mark worked the throttle. Frederich drove the boat for probably 30 minutes before finally returning to the dock with quite possibly the biggest grin I have ever seen on a child. He couldn't have been more excited and proud. Michael Hor form Hagerty and Mark decided to give an impromptu "junior boater" award at the awards ceremony that night. Michael presented the boy with a model wooden boat from the gift shop and he was thrilled as could be. It's a good thing to see that there is whole new generation ready to get involved in the preservation of these boats and I'm sure little Frederich will have one of his own someday.
FLASH1969 Chris Craft Cavalier Ski-230 HP 327Q

CCABC Board of Directors Member

jfrprops

Post by jfrprops » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:20 pm

mfine: get a BoatSafe engine compartment heater and rock and roll

John in Va.
1980 Fairchild Scout 30

tkhersom

Re: What would you do to earn someone's business?

Post by tkhersom » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:06 pm

quitchabitchin wrote:Here is a picture of Hagerty rep Michael Hor taking one for the Hagerty team. I am not sure if you've ever seen someone do a 180 in a 1948 Chris Craft Racing Runabout, but it is quite a sight to see. As the front and rear ends swap places, about 50 gallons of water washes over the inside of the rear end and swamps whoever is sitting in the back seat. Michael was a great sport about it and hopefully has or will be writing a new policy on this beauty soon.
I grew up calling that a "Hang On". My Mom has requested that I don't do them any longer in her '57 CC Continental.
Troy in ANE - Former President CCABC

1957 CC 21' Continental "Yorktown" (Mom's boat)
https://www.chris-craft.org/boats/22625/
1985 Formula 242LS "Gottago"
1991 Formula 36PC "Band Aids"

Life Is Too Short To Own An Ugly Boat

jim g

Post by jim g » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:27 pm

quitchabitchin wrote:This is from the ACBS Bluegrass Rendezvouz which was the same weekend as the International ACBS show. I wish we took these pictures yesterday. Great weekend.

During the show, there was a young boy admiring Torpedo at the dock. He looked up at the boat's owner, Mark Whitehead, who stands about 6'4" tall and asked "How fast does it go?" A good question considering a Racing Runabout looks fast just sitting there. Mark said "Around 45 or so. Do you wanna drive it?" The boys eyes lit up and he just stared at Mark, not knowing what to say. Mark asked if the boy's dad was there and he said he was on another dock nearby. He said "If your dad says it's ok, I'll take you out and you can drive it." The boy ran over and asked his dad and as soon as the show was officially over, they untied and pulled away. Little Frederich, I hope I spelled it right, turned his ball cap around backward and grabbed the wheel while Mark worked the throttle. Frederich drove the boat for probably 30 minutes before finally returning to the dock with quite possibly the biggest grin I have ever seen on a child. He couldn't have been more excited and proud. Michael Hor form Hagerty and Mark decided to give an impromptu "junior boater" award at the awards ceremony that night. Michael presented the boy with a model wooden boat from the gift shop and he was thrilled as could be. It's a good thing to see that there is whole new generation ready to get involved in the preservation of these boats and I'm sure little Frederich will have one of his own someday.

And thats how you get new people into wood boats the kid will never forget it and will want one whens he's older

jim g

Post by jim g » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:28 pm

quitchabitchin wrote:This is from the ACBS Bluegrass Rendezvouz which was the same weekend as the International ACBS show. I wish we took these pictures yesterday. Great weekend.

And thats how you get new people into wood boats the kid will never forget it and will want one whens he's older