Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

1966 22' Cutless Dory project

Framing, planking and fairing. Repair, or reconstruction. If it's hull related, you'll find it here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

stefan

1966 22' Cutless Dory project

Post by stefan » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:29 am

Hello out there: I'm new to Chris Craft ownership and this site but am beginning what I hope will be an undertaking that leads to lots of great times on Lake Mendota in Madison, WI. I've been shoring up the interior of the hull on this old Dory. I'm a painting contractor by trade so I think I can do some of this stuff but I will need help when it gets time to build a new center console and hook everything back up. The first of what may be many questions is: Where do I find drawings or plans for the original mahogony center console with front bench? One more question. Anyone know what original gauges came with this boat? Thanks in advance. Stefan Schmidt

Don Ayers
Club Executive Team

Post by Don Ayers » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:40 pm

You can contact the Mariner's Museum for details on drawings, specs, etc. Jerry Conrad is your contact. next you can seek out other owners with the same model of boat as yourself. You would be surprised how helpful people can be.
Don Ayers
1959 Riva Ariston
www.RivaForum.org
www.barrelback.com

Mike Gaines

Post by Mike Gaines » Mon May 22, 2006 2:20 pm

Don's right on by sending you to the Mariner's Museum: http://www.mariner.org/library/chriscraft/index.php

Also, we own a '64 Cavalier Dory that'll be almost identical to yours and I'd be more than happy to help you in any way I can. We'd love to see another Dory back in action!

Feel free to contact me if I can be of assistance, and Good Luck,

Mike Gaines
Hunky Dory
1964 Cavalier 22'Dory

stefan

Re: 1966 22' Cutless Dory project

Post by stefan » Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:31 pm

I am back into action after a long delay...working on the Dory...Do you still own yours?