Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Suzi II Making a Wake After 16 Years Dry.

This is a focused discussion area for information unique to Chris-Craft's Sea Skiff Division.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

Skiffdaddy

Suzi II Making a Wake After 16 Years Dry.

Post by Skiffdaddy » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:31 pm

Last month marked the (almost) completion of the restoration of my 18' CC Sea Skiff (#SK-18-569).

I purchased her in May '07 as a "kit" from a nice couple who had completely gutted her, labeled the parts (some of them, anyway) and put them in boxes, then lost interest.

I had a small boatyard in Portland, OR put in a supposedly rebuilt K engine and do some structural work on the hull. The boatyard shall remain nameless in order to keep my blood pressure under control while I finish this post.

In May of this year I brought her to Jensen Motor Boat, on Portage Bay, in Seattle to have her wired and to get all the mechanicals in synch. Jensen, by the way, was the complete opposite of my Portland boatyard experience. Great people, up front about costs, and willing to let me come down and work on the boat—and my trailer—in their shop while they were working on it.

We've had her out for a couple shakedowns in Lake Washington and she gets lots of compliments.

Yet to do: Rebuild the gearbox - Reupholster in the original Red Naugahyde she was born with - Find a proper pair of SeaSkiff badges. Suzi II should be ready to fully enjoy the Summer of '14 after her 16+ years on dry land.
SuziII_Finished_1sm.jpg
SuziII_Finished_4sm.jpg
SuziII_Finished_5sm.jpg
1956 Sea Skiff • SK-18-569

kleiner

Re: Suzi II Making a Wake After 16 Years Dry.

Post by kleiner » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:36 pm

Beautiful!! Congratulations!

- Kevin