Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

1961,42' NEW OWNER/PROJECT MANAGER NEEDED IN CLEVELAND,OHIO

This is a focused discussion area for information unique to Chris-Craft's Sea Skiff Division.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

PaulK

Re: 1961,42' NEW OWNER/PROJECT MANAGER NEEDED IN CLEVELAND,O

Post by PaulK » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:30 pm

Great Suggestions!

Do you use the Sandusky Paint Filler Stain? I like that it is formulated to match the original.

evansjw44

Post by evansjw44 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:30 am

I use the Sandusky Paint stain. I think thier color match is better than Interlux. I used the Interlux a long time ago but they changed the color. Now Interlux has more colors but I maintain the Sandusky has way more colors and will custom match. CC over the years had a lot of stain colors that are mostly gone except for sandusky.

I have used Interlux paints a lot over the years. Throuble is that they have nearly stopped making the alkyd enamels that I like and their colors are now mostly polyurethane. I don'r like poly paints as they are too hard for a boat that works like my skiff. I have had to revert to having a local paint shop mix up the colors I use.

I would note that I bought a color wheel that is set up for wood stain. When you have to make a repair on a stained surface its hard to get the new wood to match the old. My color wheel helps me tint the stain I use to get a better color match on the new or repaired area.
Jim Evans

61seaskiff42

Post by 61seaskiff42 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:50 am

Well I got an interesting phone call 2day . The 1961 42' was never claimed by the gentalman In cleveland so i got an out standing bill l for $3092.00 for storage so looks like I still own the boat . I got to try an save the boat since it is an odd boat . I hope it is still viable though. We will see how this turns out.

DelightGleam

Post by DelightGleam » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:32 pm

What happened? I think everyone is curious to know about where this boat ends up.