Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

14 foot TVT runabout

This is a general discussion area for those who are interested in Chris-Craft's connection with the legendary marque, Thompson.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

steve bunda

14 foot TVT runabout

Post by steve bunda » Tue May 12, 2009 9:08 pm

This is one of the nicest Tvt Runabouts that Thompson built, I am posting these picks to show the correct seating wood base, and cushions ,as this is an unmolested original and is very rare in this condition.

[/b]

Thommyboy

Post by Thommyboy » Wed May 13, 2009 5:52 am

Very nice!

I have a 1955 Thompson Bros. Boat of Peshtigo Thomboy that is in original, unrestored condition.

Andreas

steve bunda

pristine Thompsons

Post by steve bunda » Thu May 14, 2009 7:35 pm

Hi Andreas, Can you post some pics of the Tomboy? Our Tvt has never been sanded down to wood, all we did is scuff the varnish and top coat. I have a couple of customers that grew up with these boats and would like to purchase a nice one. I cannot find any nice boats, and the junkers need more work than they are worth.Could build new ones, but who would pay the cost? sincerly steve and laurie

Thommyboy

Post by Thommyboy » Mon May 18, 2009 6:02 am

Here are TWO 1955 Thompson Bros. Boat Mfg. Co. (Peshtigo, WI) Thomboy boats. The one on the left obviously needs a bit of a restoration. The one on the right is in original condition, other than maintenance coats of varnish and bottom paint added.

The boat in the upper portion of the shot is a Higgins. This was at the Minneapolis Boat Show in January 2008

Andreas

Thommyboy

Post by Thommyboy » Mon May 18, 2009 6:04 am

Another shot of the "good" 1955 Thomboy

Andreas