Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Thompson

This is a general discussion area for those who are interested in Chris-Craft's connection with the legendary marque, Thompson.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

steve bunda

Thompson

Post by steve bunda » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:07 pm

Yea !!!! Thompsons on Chris-Craft.org Made in Wisconsin must be a Wisconsin - Thompson nothing against NY ,luv it , steve

steve bunda

Thompson

Post by steve bunda » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:27 pm

Hello, where are you Thompson people? picture is of a mid 50 s 14 foot, this boat was one of 16 purchased by a resort in northern wisconsin, this is one of 2 that were stored in the barn ,upside down as spares that were never utilized. I purchased it years ago,looked perfect, and it had no engine marks on it, thus proving its virginity.WE used the boat approx 10 years ago for a short ride at the meet in tomahawk wi.Thinking about building a few more off this perfect original . Any comments? thanks,steve ps, Should I drop it down and take a few more pics?

Tightline5

Post by Tightline5 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:28 am

Steve : look under hull registry 1954 Racing Runabout, I already have some pic's there of RR.Pipe order being proccesed.
Phil Jones

1948 US Plywood Executive Runabout Hull #1 "WeldWood"
1954 Racing Runabout R-496
1957 Deluxe Runabout D-17-2062
"MISBEHAVIN"

Thommyboy

Post by Thommyboy » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:49 am

Hey all,

Here's my 1955 Thompson Bros. Boat Mfg. Co. (Peshtigo, WI) 14 ft. Thomboy. She's in original condition.

Mark your calendars for the sixth THOMPSON ANTIQUE & CLASSIC BOAT RALLY taking place 8-9-10 August 2008 at Marinette, WI. She's a NON-JUDGED event with NO awards. FUN and boat rides are the focus.

Andreas

Thommyboy

Post by Thommyboy » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:00 am

Here I am again. This time a few years ago. I am the littlest one in the middle. These are four of the six Rhude boys on "My Six Sons" the family's 1964 T & T Boats, Inc. 18 ft. Breakers outboard.

Actually, when that photo was taken the boat was called "My Five Sons." Son number six appeared on the scene a few years later!

Andreas

John DeVries

Post by John DeVries » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:12 pm

Hi Guys,

Here's another Thompson, which is now well into a cosmetic redo. The owner thinks the seats (now oak) were originally cedar. Any opinions on this? Thanks.

John

Thommyboy

Post by Thommyboy » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:25 am

The seats most likely were western red cedar or redwood. Definately not white oak.

Brochures for Thompson Boat et.al. are available for sale on CD-ROM from www.dragonflycanoe.com and www.wcha.org

I am keeping a database of Thompson boats and would like to include this one in it. What is she: year, make, model, where built, hull ID?

Andreas
[email protected]

John DeVries

Post by John DeVries » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:17 pm

Andreas,

Thanks for confirming the cedar seat business. I'll forward your request to the owner tonight. There wasn't a hull tag that we could find anywhere, and there aren't many places to hide one on a boat like this. Any info you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

John

Thommyboy

Post by Thommyboy » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:03 am

If built after WW II, the hull ID will be stamped into the wood of the transom inside the boat. Starboard side, Sometimes stamped upside down. Sometimes covered up by something.

If built prior to circa 1946 it will NOT have any sort of hull ID or serial numebr on or in the boat.

Andreas